Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
6,923 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
That website looks great with a lot of hard to find gaskets! It says they only sell seals for 78-86 but you have a 93, like the seals i need for my 90. How did those seals fit, even though it says they don't work for our years?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
They worked with just a little minor trimming by the hinge part on the outside, tiny flap that would not let the gasket sit flat.
Rob

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
During the 2021 snowstorm I reevaluated my build and I'm going to make my vision of what dodge would have done to compete with gm and ford between 1990-1993 with the factory muscle trucks. I ordered about 1200 dollars of suspension parts and I'm about to take the frame for sandblasting as soon as the parts arrive I will post some new photos.
Rob

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Moparbob1987 said:
During the 2021 snowstorm I reevaluated my build and I'm going to make my vision of what dodge would have done to compete with gm and ford between 1990-1993 with the factory muscle trucks. I ordered about 1200 dollars of suspension parts and I'm about to take the frame for sandblasting as soon as the parts arrive I will post some new photos.
Rob
Awesome.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
The temps were wonderful today in central Oklahoma I got the rest of the frame stripped down. Holy cow people do crazy stuff ! The upper ball joints were welded all the way around on one side and a huge glob weld on the other side. Thank goodness I had 2 parts trucks and I kept the control arms spindles and brake boosters for spares. There was a large lift type upper rubber bushing on the driver side and the passenger side they cut it down to a flat piece of rubber. I ordered all new parts for the front end it was 700 with shipping. The joys of restoration
Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
52,907 Posts
Moparbob1987 said:
The temps were wonderful today in central Oklahoma I got the rest of the frame stripped down. Holy cow people do crazy stuff ! The upper ball joints were welded all the way around on one side and a huge glob weld on the other side. Thank goodness I had 2 parts trucks and I kept the control arms spindles and brake boosters for spares. There was a large lift type upper rubber bushing on the driver side and the passenger side they cut it down to a flat piece of rubber. I ordered all new parts for the front end it was 700 with shipping. The joys of restoration
Rob
AH HA The old fix the drivers side dodge lean with rubber in the springs trick. ;)

You know you would think they could have put the starter and the battery on the other side. I mean really, you have the power steering pump and steering box on that side. Plus the peddles, steering column, and a driver. No wonder it leans to the drivers side. ;D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looks good will keep following along. I like your gauge panel, I think my wife wants one for our crew cab. Which would actually solve a few problems. 

Your going to like the raptor liner....I have used it over simple SPI epoxy and it holds up very well. My sons 2013 Power Wagon bed was done in Raptor liner, and it has held up to much abuse with very little effect.  I did the underneath of the cab and inside floors/firewall in our crew cab with it. Also, it accepts and holds paint just fine also if you want to color coat it.

I will add my voat...Kurts right, more cubes always makes a fella grin. Wish we were closer I'd cut ya a heck of a deal on a roller 360 engine.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
mopar65pa said:
AH HA The old fix the drivers side dodge lean with rubber in the springs trick. ;)

You know you would think they could have put the starter and the battery on the other side. I mean really, you have the power steering pump and steering box on that side. Plus the peddles, steering column, and a driver. No wonder it leans to the drivers side. ;D
And when the driver weighs 400+ lbs....

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Moparbob1987 said:
Thank you sir ! Here's some photos from today
Oh! The obligatory dino blankey. ;D

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
DaMunK said:
LoL I see Kurt you haven't lost yr sense of humor man. I am oldkoot BTW for reference.
I'm 66. And my wife keeps telling me to grow up. Or that I'm too nice. ;D
I tell her "You didn't marry an @#!hole did you? Do you want me to be one? ;)
Were going on 45 years of marital bliss so far.
Unless I start spending too much money on the truck at least.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Moparbob1987 said:
This is the P O 's attempt at fixing the "dodge lean"
Oh, the places they go.

·
Registered
52,907 Posts
Moparbob1987 said:
This is the P O 's attempt at fixing the "dodge lean"
{gloating}

·
Registered
13,132 Posts
the son of my old boss , a new ford ranger , lifted big wheels etc $ no object , done by a specialty shop , he "jumped" it came down on 1 front wheel , shop the heated 1 front spring and "fixed" the twist / lean . all wondered why it never drove right again .... 

·
Registered
52,907 Posts
dodge82273 said:
the son of my old boss , a new ford ranger , lifted big wheels etc $ no object , done by a specialty shop , he "jumped" it came down on 1 front wheel , shop the heated 1 front spring and "fixed" the twist / lean . all wondered why it never drove right again ....
:eek:

41 - 60 of 103 Posts