Dodge RamCharger Central banner
361 - 380 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #363 · (Edited)
well it’s been slow going I did get a few parts painted the past few days. Each piece has a section I have to repair. I got 3 or 4 runs in the clear on the tailgate I managed to sand them all but..the last run I ended up sanding through the clear and base. I have decided to use my airbrush and put a little base on that spot. I just can’t talk myself into sanding and re base coating the whole tailgate if it looks a little bit off I’m going to live with it. The piece where the wiper arms go through I actually missed the whole corner and I found a small dent I missed. I’m going to fix the small dent so I may end up repainting the whole piece. The bottom filler piece I got some dry spray down at the end I’m going to try to wet sand that with 1500 and see if it will buff out. The grille shell I got some orange peel I painted it with single stage so again I may try to wet sand and then buff it.
whew that’s a lot 😂
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Bumper Wood

Building Wood Gas Engineering Machine

Hood Motor vehicle Wood Automotive lighting Naval architecture

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #364 ·
My engine has finally gone to assembly. It has been at the machine shop since last November 😳 im having the machine shop build and dyno it. I want to make sure it runs right and that there are no leaks. I would also like to know the actual hp numbers it makes not just guess. I did ask the machine shop to open up the ring gaps in case I ever want to run nitrous or some sort of power adder. I will post photos of the engine when it’s all done im going to paint it there with Eastwood hemi orange paint the single stage with hardener. I painted a few different parts cast iron gray (same Eastwood paint) the intake, oil pan and front timing cover. I have a new set of direct connection chrome valve covers and a jegs brand 14x6 k&n style air filter. This has been a long journey but everything seems to be coming together
Rob

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #366 ·
So here’s the latest updates. Engine is now assembled I’m number 3 in line for the dyno the intake and other parts were removed so I could paint the block. The heads cc’d at 62 the compression ratio is 9.5-1.I ended up buying the fitech system the Holley system ended up not working out. The transmission is rebuilt with a cope drag sprag Kevlar bands and clutches kolene coated steels deep pan and some other goodies inside we ended up changing the stall from 3500 to 2500 the trans builder said I would be much happier on the street with it. Once I get the engine back I’m installing it and the trans together then putting the cab back on and painting the outside. I want to make sure the cab is level so when I mount the doors I know they will be lined up right still a ways to go but making progress
Rob

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #367 ·
i bought a kwikwire harness 20 circuit the previous owner messed with the alternator wiring with the battery still hooked up and burnt up quite a bit under hood also the under dash wiring was a mess. I figured since I’m using an aftermarket A/C fuel injection and electric fans for the radiator and trans cooler this would just be easier. I also have a whole custom dash that doesn’t use any of the stock gauges also.
Rob
R
Hand tool Tool Metalworking hand tool Automotive exterior Pipe wrench

Electrical wiring Gas Wire Electronic device Wool

Sleeve Automotive tire Headgear Gas Personal protective equipment

Sleeve Hood Personal protective equipment Auto part Wire

Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Audio equipment Gadget Tire

Font Ring binder Motor vehicle Logo Illustration

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #374 ·
I'm anxious to see the results. Maybe we all are? The EQ heads I bought did not go on my 90 RC magnum swap due to delays. Thinking of putting them on the 5.2 truck instead.
Did you buy them from performance injection equipment? I waited 3.5 months for mine the machine shop said their CNC porting was pretty crude. They relapped the valves and opened up guides a bit said they were a little to tight for their liking. I won’t buy anything from them again Customer service sucks ass !

·
Registered
161 Posts
Did you buy them from performance injection equipment? I waited 3.5 months for mine the machine shop said their CNC porting was pretty crude. They relapped the valves and opened up guides a bit said they were a little to tight for their liking. I won’t buy anything from them again Customer service sucks ass !
Yes, PIE. Same 3-1/2 months. Mild porting they called it. That's a bummer about the quality. I'll place a written note in the packaging to check on that. They could sit there for years. Appreciate the info.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #377 ·
Yes, PIE. Same 3-1/2 months. Mild porting they called it. That's a bummer about the quality. I'll place a written note in the packaging to check on that. They could sit there for years. Appreciate the info.
The machine shop did tell me for what I paid for them it wasn’t a bad deal. After all the money I have spent so far it just was not in the budget to have better porting done
Rob
www.boydsracingengines.com

·
Registered
1986 D100 RWD 225/OD833
64 Posts
Is the bottom half the same bed liner material you used for the engine bay? You plan on using any sound dampening like boom mat? I’ve been giving the stuff some thought but I also have the super deluxe trim package that includes a steel headliner so I don’t know how much doing just the floor would help, don’t even have the luxury of the vinyl wrapped cardboard patch my old Power Ram had..

361 - 380 of 386 Posts