Dodge RamCharger Central banner
341 - 360 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #346 ·
first door buffed I’m not one to hide that I’m an amateur the other door had a run In the clear I tried
To sand it out and messed it up I feather edged the new primer I put on and wet sanded it with 400 tomorrow I’m going to re apply some base and then clear coat again. I’m learning so I don’t get upset when I Mess up it makes me better next time.
Rob

to
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
958 Posts
You’re doing a flawless job Bob. That thing looks awesome. Hell of a lot better than me!!!

Reactions: Moparbob1987

·
Registered
161 Posts
Still waiting on the engine, it’s been there going on a year. Getting frustrated. I want to put the engine/trans in together and then put the cab back on I guess the cab will be going back on first now
Bet you dislike the idea of changing the order of your build. On the bright side time spent perfecting the paint/finish. Waited 8 months for my 360 reman. with nothing special. Probably the new normal. EQ heads I ordered are still delayed, waiting on the bronze seals, six months and counting.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #353 ·
Bet you dislike the idea of changing the order of your build. On the bright side time spent perfecting the paint/finish. Waited 8 months for my 360 reman. with nothing special. Probably the new normal. EQ heads I ordered are still delayed, waiting on the bronze seals, six months and counting.
It does seem it’s the new normal. I’m still waiting on my stall converter before I take the trans to be rebuilt so they can make sure the depth is set correctly

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #354 ·
New updates ! My stall converter is ready I will be picking it up tomorrow from B&I converters in Oklahoma City. If you need a custom built stall this is a great small company that has been in business over 50 years. They built me a 3500 rpm stall for 1/2 of what everyone else I talked to wanted and said if we needed to change to 3000 rpm they would do that for free. I also got the tailgate and some other parts sanded body worked and in primer. It’s been insanely hot here in Oklahoma and I’m diabetic so I have to be really careful working in the heat. The tailgate was over a 1/2 inch of bondo every where 🤷🏻‍♂️ And the guy that did it just put it right over the paint ! Anyhow it’s looking good now. The guy even painted over the tailgate handle 😂
Rob
Table Wood Motor vehicle Bumper Vehicle

Wood Window Automotive tire Sculpture Metal

Automotive lighting Bumper Motor vehicle Wood Vehicle door

Road surface Wood Red Asphalt Groundcover

·
Registered
859 Posts
I am diabetic too Bob. Its rough when the humidity pushes those heat indexes above 90...Seems like i cant regulate anything. Great work as always.

Neil

Reactions: Moparbob1987
341 - 360 of 386 Posts