Dodge RamCharger Central banner
321 - 337 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
You're right about that. I'm wondering how it'll work in the long run. I hope Bob will share his thoughts on it in a few months.
One thing about bed liners is they have a tendency to fade over time. I got some of this stuff and it works well.

I didn't research if they make it in different colors... that's your job. ;D

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Thanks Kurt, how did you know I have it on my to do list? ;)

I used heat gun on my dad's Rav4 bumpers. Works great, I restored their original black color from light gray. I'll post some photos next time I see him

·
Registered
1978 W150 Club Cab long box Adventurer, now magnum swapped.
103 Posts
The Raptor liner stuff is just thick urethane paint. It's not a rubberized product, so supposedly it won't fade or at least no more than any catalyzed urethane paint would over time. I painted my whole pickup with it so I will let you know in a few years....

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
The Raptor liner stuff is just thick urethane paint. It's not a rubberized product, so supposedly it won't fade or at least no more than any catalyzed urethane paint would over time. I painted my whole pickup with it so I will let you know in a few years....
I have Line X. One of the better ones out there
It fades. And my material I use for work... joint compound... will make marks on it.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I have Line X. One of the better ones out there
It fades. And my material I use for work... joint compound... will make marks on it.
You're out in the CA desert... the damn rocks fade out there. LOL😜

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
Here’s today’s update: I patched the 10 yes 10 holes in the dash then sprayed the whole dash with SEM texture coating. I’m going to use duracoat tactical flat desert warrior tan on all the interior plastic parts the SEM stuff was kind of expensive but I really like the results
Rob
Furniture Plant Chair Outdoor furniture Outdoor table

Asphalt Road surface Grey Pattern Silver

Tire Automotive tire Tin Aluminum can Tin can

·
Registered
1986 D100 RWD 225/OD833
24 Posts
Have you used that duracoat before? My door panels could stand a freshening up and I wonder what the longevity of that stuff is. I’ve heard pretty good things about SEM.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #331 ·
Have you used that duracoat before? My door panels could stand a freshening up and I wonder what the longevity of that stuff is. I’ve heard pretty good things about SEM.
I do custom painting on my guns and have used duracoat exclusively on the plastic as well as metal parts. It’s very scratch and chemical resistance. The only thing I’m not sure about is uv stability. I’m going to have a light tint put on the windshield so hopefully that will stop any uv issues
Rob

·
Registered
716 Posts
Please tell me the fire missiles button is for Nitrous right Bob?

Neil

321 - 337 of 337 Posts