301 - 320 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Aw man!!! Getting closer!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I got the rest of the cab in 2k today I’m sure as I start block sanding I will find low spots. I found a few on the roof that I’m not sure how I missed but I’m still learning so it’s good practice for my next project 😀
So. What is the "next project"?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
If you lived in the north east, having a 4x4 would be the perfect excuse to buy one.
We have had a few snow days the last few years. My wife still works I told her if we had a ramcharger she could drive it on the bad weather days. I want to find one pretty nice though I’m not sure I’m ready for another frame up build anytime soon

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
We have had a few snow days the last few years. My wife still works I told her if we had a ramcharger she could drive it on the bad weather days. I want to find one pretty nice though I’m not sure I’m ready for another frame up build anytime soon
I would give my wife the best chance of survival and put her in an AWD vehicle with anti-lock and airbags. ie: The 2015 Subaru Outback I bought her a few years ago. Worth every cent to protect my baby.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
She has a Ford Flex awd, we used to have a grand Cherokee she got spoiled with it, I called it our little billy goat
I've heard the Flex is a nice vehicle from those that have owned them.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #310 ·
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Gas

Wood Gas Flooring Pattern Kitchen appliance

Hood Light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Hat Shelf Cap Textile Orange

Tire Wheel Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

So…this might be a little controversial but, I decided to tint raptor liner in body color and cover the firewall and fender wells. I know I will end up dropping a tool or part and hopefully this will help in preventing scratches that would be really hard to repair once the engine is reinstalled.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Not at all, honestly those fender wells rust. Doing the inside of the inside of the fender, especially where it meets the wheel well is a good idea too. It looks awesome Bob. I actually wish I thought of that.

Reactions: neil4224

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #312 ·
Not at all, honestly those fender wells rust. Doing the inside of the inside of the fender, especially where it meets the wheel well is a good idea too. It looks awesome Bob. I actually wish I thought of that.
Thank you! The wheel wells were a mess I welded up a bunch of random holes, then did a lot of bodywork to get them smooth. Fortunately here in Oklahoma we don’t get a lot of bad weather snow and ice wise. But, the county does put brine on the roads if there’s a threat of snow or ice. I’m going to coat the underside in black raptor might get rid of some rattles. I got the doors final sanded in 400 grit so there will be some paint photos soon !

·
Registered
810 Posts
That raptor liner will really hide some imperfections too so that’s a plus. Great work as always.

Reactions: Moparbob1987

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hell of an idea. Looks sweet.

Neil

Reactions: Moparbob1987

·
Registered
1978 W150 Club Cab long box Adventurer, now magnum swapped.
103 Posts
So…this might be a little controversial but, I decided to tint raptor liner in body color and cover the firewall and fender wells. I know I will end up dropping a tool or part and hopefully this will help in preventing scratches that would be really hard to repair once the engine is reinstalled.
The only thing you won't like about it in the engine bay and the reason I didn't do it on mine is that you can't really just wipe it clean.
How well did your color match come out between the liner and any of your painted surfaces?
Looks pretty good in the pictures.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #319 ·
The only thing you won't like about it in the engine bay and the reason I didn't do it on mine is that you can't really just wipe it clean.
How well did your color match come out between the liner and any of your painted surfaces?
Looks pretty good in the pictures.
It’s a little lighter shade than the paint and it’s not glossy like the paint. Hopefully when it’s all assembled I can live with it. I have been doing bodywork and prep for almost 3 years.
Rob

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
You're right about that. I'm wondering how it'll work in the long run. I hope Bob will share his thoughts on it in a few months.

301 - 320 of 339 Posts