Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says here's my 93 D150. I'm doing the body work on the cab then I'm pulling the cab to put on a dolly so I can clean/detail the underside of the cab. I have been working on the truck as I have had time for about a year now. I'm going to do a resto mod build. The plan is to put a stroker kit in the 318 magnum to make it a 390. Lower the the truck 2/4. Viper red paint and tan/brown custom interior.
Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jungle ! The dash is from classic dash in Nevada they have a lot of different combos of gauges and dash face.
Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
52,907 Posts
cool!

·
Vendor
11,455 Posts
Moparbob1987 said:
Thanks Jungle ! The dash is from classic dash in Nevada they have a lot of different combos of gauges and dash face.
Thanks,
Rob
Rob
Thank you!!!
Looks like they have a lot of neat things.
Jim

·
Premium Member
4,747 Posts
Very nice,  sounds like it's gonna be a sweet ride!
Eric

·
Vendor
11,455 Posts
Looking really good!
What's the beige color? Looks like a truck bed liner in the pics.
Jim

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Jim, yes its raptor liner I'm going to paint the interior parts brown and tan I was going to originally just coat it black but you can see part of the floor board above the carpet so I bought some supposedly beige tint from raptor. If you guys have never tried it raptor is awesome same texture as line-x but the kit is about 119 vs the 520 I was quoted by line-x I also applied it to the back of the cab (inside). I see photos of the rust you guys have to deal with up north and I feel bad for you guys I have virgin 1992 sheet metal just sanded with 220 and epoxy painted it
Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the new headliner yesterday from lmc its the plastic backed one, the factory one the previous owner had filled with staples and those plastic Christmas tree looking push pins. I got the engine disassembled and discovered the piston in cylinder 4 had a window in it, I found the missing chunk in in pickup screen not even a scratch though in the cylinder man did the engine stink from the old nasty oil I sprayed the engine down with dawn and power washed it, now my shop doesn't stink anymore I also cleaned and rebuilt the heater a/c box and replaced the evaporatior I think a whole oak tree had deposited its leaves in it

Attachments

·
Vendor
11,455 Posts
Moparbob1987 said:
Hey Jim, yes its raptor liner I'm going to paint the interior parts brown and tan I was going to originally just coat it black but you can see part of the floor board above the carpet so I bought some supposedly beige tint from raptor. If you guys have never tried it raptor is awesome same texture as line-x but the kit is about 119 vs the 520 I was quoted by line-x I also applied it to the back of the cab (inside). I see photos of the rust you guys have to deal with up north and I feel bad for you guys I have virgin 1992 sheet metal just sanded with 220 and epoxy painted it
Rob
Rob
That is some good liner. I used the SEM Pro liner that is tint able under my Rc.
Jim

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I built a dolly I'm pulling the cab off this weekend so I can power wash the underside and raptor line it black then start block sanding and seam sealing and get everything in sealer. This cab is going on the black truck in the photo the roof of it is beat to hell and full of holes

Attachments

·
Vendor
11,455 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nice looking build and glad to see you have a solid foundation to work with.  The weather up here in the north rots these things quick.

I second the chassis saver used it years ago, stuff is awesome!!!! but a little pricey nowadays. I used that and some  off brand of por 15 to coat the underside of bed and cab on my current build.  What specific stroker kit you thinking of using? I am interested in doing this but may just go big block.  I want the cubes!!!!

Neil

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Neil I'm really interested in the molnar kit with diamond pistons. The only cams I use are Schneider race cams I love that You can call and speak with the owner of the company Jerry Cantrell, really nice guy.
Rob

WWW.schneidercams.com

1 - 20 of 103 Posts