·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way or best carrier to contact? Thanks PG

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
I always just cut a bunch of round pieces of cardboard, slapped two on the front and two on the back, wrapped them in a cross with packing tape and shipped them UPS.  Alternatively, if they are extremely heavy it might be cheaper to strap them to a pallet and ship them freight if you have access to a dock.

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
That would depend on where the seller is and where you are as you will need a shipping company that services both areas and will take loads from an individual without an account with them.  Freight shipping can be a huge pain in the ass all around unless you have some contacts.

Another option might be to check with some place like uShip and see if any hotshots have a load coming your way and room for the rims and tires.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone I got a quote seemed a bit crazy so I think I will pass on them.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I've never used it, but if there is a bus station nearby both locations I've heard greyhound will ship and it's usually very cheap compared to other options...but I don't know their size limitations. You would need to call them and ask. I recall someone I believe on this forum sent fenders or a door from a truck/RC, though.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Fastenal. Had 7 dually tires and rims shipped to FL from NY. $175.00.

·
Super Moderator
2,155 Posts
4x4 440 said:
Fastenal. Had 7 dually tires and rims shipped to FL from NY. $175.00.
That doesn't sound too ugly - depends on depot location.

Greyhound is roughly same cost as UPS but less picky about dimensions and packaging. It's terminal to terminal only and that can be inconvenient. Not sure I'd trust them with a fender though.

I've put a couple rims in a U-haul box with a mile of strapping tape and sent them UPS. Works out to about $60 for a set of (4) to go cross country. Have also had new tires (no rims) shipped to my house via UPS from tirerack.com and other places. It usually 2 tires banded together and something like $8 per tire. Never thought of sending mounted tires that way, but don't see why not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.