Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will a np 435 from a ford bolt up to a small block mopar bell housing? i can have one for free but if it don't fit, i don't want it!

·
7,250 Posts
Input shaft is probably different too.

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
At one time I had a NP435 for a Ford.  I think the input shaft could be replaced with a Dodge input in a few minutes.  Ford applications used two different input shaft lengths.  It was so easy to remove the input that I would remove it and use it for an alignment tool.

As I remember it, there were some tabs on the transmission that would have held the bolt holes for a Dodge application but mis-alignment could spell disaster (if you drill new holes in the transmission). 

If that bearing retainer that holds in the input shaft and bearing is a tight fit inside the bell housing, it might not be a huge alignment problem.

Bear in mind, I never got around to testing any of that out.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Call either Advanced adapters or Novak they will be able to tell you all you need to know.

The issues here are
1) bolt pattern on bell housing is different
2) input shaft is different
3) output shaft is different
4) tail housing may be different.

Is this for a 2wd or 4wd?

if 2wd you'll only have to worry about the input end the output end would be less hassle as the joints and driveshafts are easy to interchange and find a match, or at worst have a custom drive shaft made.

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
The bottom line is, fitting a Ford NP435 in your truck will cost way more than just buying a Dodge NP435 outright.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts