1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
cool , I like being in the trenches, never liked the suit and tie anywase ;D

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Thats cool with me too. I honestly haven't had the time Id like to have spent on the board like I used to and was feelin like I wasn't helpin much anymore. Contributors cool.
TOJAZ

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
I would like to know why I got the boot ? I thought I would be a person you would want as a mod seeing how much I am here . Just think a reason would be nice . Ypou can IM me and tell me .

bt83rc

PS: Kind of bummed I am not a mod anymore

·
Founder
25,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like I said before, no personal reasons or anything, Jay and I wanted to narrow down the mod list to 5 or 6 mods. The ones we kept were the ones that helped either Jay and I out the most, or helped the members or site out the most. Not saying that those who aren't mods anymore didn't help alot, we just decided to keep the few that do have the potential to be Admins.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Just cuz I don't have the compuiter skills I got the boot ? Well that is crap you just said who helped the site the most right ? What the hell you think I do on here ? I am helping anybody and everybody . I was of the mind that at least longevity and being on here on a daily basis for over 2 1/2 yrs might count for somethhing . Just to let you know half the people you kept aren't never here much anyhow . I know I watched who was on and only saw you on the most . I dunno how that made it better cuz I used to have alot fo people come and ask me alot of questions cuz they knew I was on all the time and was a available to help them . you may not realize it but I made alot of members stick around when I was the only person on here and could answer a question for them and then they were stoked about how good the response time is .
Now you are gonna lose that and I think it made a mega difference in folks staying or leaving . I am not whining about npot being a mod . I could care less boutthe mod board and what is said on it cuz I don't really feel the need to say anything there for the most part . Yes I had some issues w/ a few mods and yes I got it taken care of . I am in no way out to hurt the site cuz I know where it started and how much grew in so short of time w/ everybody's help . but I think you can see who the die hards are and who does put in alot of their time to keep the site runnung smoothly . I wish to be able to help the site is all . Now as to making new admins I am all for it and you have some very knowledgeable guys to do the job for sure . I am gonna say no more I said my peace and I am getting tired of being asked why I am not a mod now and I have to tell people I have no clue why cept to thin the herd so to speak .

bt83rc

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
bt83rc said:
Just cuz I don't have the compuiter skills I got the boot ? Well that is crap you just said who helped the site the most right ? What the hell you think I do on here ?
bt83rc
At least your not bitter! ;)

·
Founder
25,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well Brian, an Admin has entire control of the board. They can delete it with the touch of a button. They can delelte members, as well as Jay and I. An Admin has complete access to the site and can do as they please with it.

So yes, computer skills does play a part, since a simple click can destroy all of this. It isn't just computer skills, but also board management. There isn't a need to have a mod on the site at all times, since we always have a contirbutor on the site. They are just as helpfull as the mods.

I am sorry that you are upset, but as I said in the previous posts, we may be asking people back if this little cut down doesn't work as Jay and I planned. I whacked my best friend down, Drew. He cares about the site just as much as I do, and he honors our decision.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Now that you explained it bbetter I am quite undertanding of how and why now . I am totally content with my position and will do my best ot make the site a good as it is . I am not bitching at all just wanted a straight answer and I got it so I am thnkful to be here and help out like I do anyways .

bt83rc

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
I just miss being able to move posts and such is all . now I can be ME !!!!! Not like I will act any different really anyhow .

bt83rc

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
bt83rc said:
now I can be ME !!!!! Not like I will act any different really anyhow .

bt83rc
yea, right brian..... we all know the 'real' you. time to get crazy! sorry, i was just reading all the posts and decided that randall and i should have special names too. "site smartasses!" ;D i'm just happy that y'all are good people out here, and i consider each and every one of y'all friends. thanks. my $.02 has been spent.....

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Hey...I'm OK with with "Mopar Master"!! ;D

Nothing wrong with thinning the herd once in a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts