Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
29,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The video speaks for itself. ;)

How a differential performs

Now, who here still thinks that one wheel, and only one wheel gets power when they have equal traction? ;)

Oh and Pete, you can't say "it's Lego's and not a Dodge". An open diff, is an open diff.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Can we link that to the FAQ thread?

Good documentary ;D

Randall

·
Administrator
60,516 Posts
{popcorn}  this is feeling familiar.

·
29,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You mean, somebody else built something with Legos and posted it on Youtube to settle an e-argument? Do tell.  :p

·
29,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
s ǝoɾ said:
it is obvious the one wheel is only coasting and not under constant power.
Careful, Pete's going to think you're with him.......but before he gets the chance......you heard the motor lugging, with both tires spinning, right? {knowitall} ;D

·
Premium Member
24,598 Posts
Well, in my "childish simple pleasure" burnout days, I did get an open diff to turn both tires over and up into smoke, AT THE SAME TIME...

...here you were dismissing them as childish, while I was exploring things in the name of science. (there was an actual experiment involved besides this)  ;D

·
Registered
22,087 Posts
KThaxton said:
The video speaks for itself. ;)

Now, who here still thinks that one wheel, and only one wheel gets power when they have equal traction? ;)

Oh and Pete, you can't say "it's Lego's and not a Dodge". An open diff, is an open diff.
LOL Kendall!!! Thanks, you just reminded me I need to reseal the pumpkin cover on my CreamPuff150 because it leaks too much oil. :)

Try lubing your model up good with some PTFE. Do you have the parts to build a full-time truck version with three differentials? ;D

·
29,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PowerWagonPete said:
Try lubing your model up good with some PTFE. Do you have the parts to build a full-time truck version with three differentials? ;D
Nope, I only have one Lego differential, but that's all it takes to prove it.

So let's hear it, do you believe us now? if not, please explain how that is possible after watching the demonstration. Then, tell me which one of those tires is providing power and why the other isn't. ;)

·
29,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What the hell does that have to do with anything? Answer the question, don't use encrypted BS as a distraction.

·
Administrator
60,516 Posts
{popcorn}

·
Registered
22,087 Posts
KThaxton said:
What the hell does that have to do with anything? Answer the question, don't use encrypted BS as a distraction.
PTFE works great on Pinewood Derby cars. :-X

·
Registered
22,087 Posts
KThaxton said:
I'll take that as silently admitting defeat. You disappoint me Pete. ;)
You don't have me yet, Kendall. :-* Once the diff and axles are properly lubed, increasing the mass of the wheels would assist you in giving a much truer representation of the prototype. LOL ;D

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.