Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
yes it folds twice. First is folding the back onto the seat, second fold is into the area of the rear passenger leg room. You gain about 18" of cargo room.

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
My bro's '75 RC SE has a factory folding rear seat, my '77 RC SE did not. My other brother's '75 TD Sport also did not have the option.

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
the only factory folding rear seats i have seen are on post 80 models, trenton if you happen to see another factory rear folder for a pop top let me know, i would love to have one in my 76. also if ouy could let me know if they have the welded in floor plate for the rear catch or if they are hooked up some other way

was gonna swap the one out of the 84 but had a hell of a time trying to get that welded in floor bracket out.

eric

·
Registered
541 Posts
TV, rear folding seat was not available till 1980 RC last year of the removable top. Body swap or really clean install?

Notablazer, do you know if they changed the shape of the floors in front of the seat? I know they have the catch behind the seat in the back. I have never seen a 80 with the seat. Do you have any pics? I was thinking of installing one in my 76. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
trailduster440 said:
Notablazer, do you know if they changed the shape of the floors in front of the seat? I know they have the catch behind the seat in the back. I have never seen a 80 with the seat. Do you have any pics? I was thinking of installing one in my 76. Thanks, Mike
it doesnt look like the floor is different,looks the same as all the other 70's rc's ive seen. i could get pics in a while,right now the seat is folded up and theres a pile of parts in the back of the truck. but once i get all that cleaned out i'll get some pics

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
I'm quite certain his rear seat is factory, but it's possible that it's not. The rear seat catch was missing when he got the RC (the rear floor area is normal, but has two extra threaded mount holes near the rear center of the seat). I fabbed a rear latch catch that bolted to these mounts. It was simple 3/16" plate L-brackets on each side with a 1/2" CRS solid bar between them. I'll try to get some pics of it. I'd never seen the folding seat before this, so I was inventing the catch as I built it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just swapped a seat from an 89 into my 74, it was simple as long as you steal all the hardware from the donor truck, I didn't see any difference in the floors at all. I can take pics if someone wants to post them. Ferlin

·
Registered
35 Posts
I put the whole shebang from an 80's RC in my 76. I took a few careful measurements before cutting everything out of the donor. It went in like duck soup. My wife even modified the cover from the old solid seat so it could be installed on the foldup seat. You also need to put in a seat belt that goes from the pass side front seat belt anchor(beside the beer box). This is used to fasten to the rear seat centre seat belt when the rear seat is stood up to keep it from falling back down and squashing the dog(he wasn't happy about it) .I would rate this as one of the top mods to do to a 1st gen RC. JUST REMEMBER TO PUT ALL THE CATCHES ETC IN FROM UNDERNEATH THE PAN.This assures maximum shear strength in a collision.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.