Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into flowmasters for my truck (89 d-100)...but I want to know if any of you know what the stock pipes diameter measures at....Thanks

Michael

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
I agree with MrPeal

·
Registered
139 Posts
I replaced my whole sytem using 2 1/2 with a new larger converter and Vortex muffler. Real nice rumble. Still a single exhaust system but flows much better then stock

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah hey ya'lls.
I have an '86 Royal SE 360 with a Rog. Q 4BBL and I yanked my whole nasty exhaust out.  No cats just two 18" glass backs and short duals where she dumps them behind the door.  Real nice classy sound!  We used two and a quarter inch pipes which matched the nubs we left from the block.  Flowmaster, that must be nice.  I am trying to save for a newer long block to replace my wore out one before that.  Glass packs are cheap and last long!  Nothing says cute and cuddly as you stomp on the gas when you are next to a rice burner and watch 'em disappear in the mirror!  ;D

·
Registered
223 Posts
must not be the right ricer,
don't try that w/a dsm or supra
just yanking ya chain ;D

·
Registered
19 Posts
caul1986 said:
Yeah hey ya'lls.
I have an '86 Royal SE 360 with a Rog. Q 4BBL and I yanked my whole nasty exhaust out. No cats just two 18" glass backs and short duals where she dumps them behind the door. Real nice classy sound! We used two and a quarter inch pipes which matched the nubs we left from the block. Flowmaster, that must be nice. I am trying to save for a newer long block to replace my wore out one before that. Glass packs are cheap and last long! Nothing says cute and cuddly as you stomp on the gas when you are next to a rice burner and watch 'em disappear in the mirror! ;D
lol, i doubt you would be seeing my daily or my project car disappear in your mirror. maybe through the windshield but, def. not in your mirror.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
stock exhaust on your truck if it is a v-8 is 2.25 and 2.5.  Have 2.5" system made up for you from the cat back with a 2.5 muffler.  Its possible that someone makes a cat back system, but I don't know who.  I just went to Walker exhaust website and they have exhaust break down for vehicles and they list a 2.5" tailpipe for your truck. Its different depending on wheelbase.  Check out their website and possibly piece together a system with a 2.5" flowmaster muffler

·
Registered
590 Posts
chrysler300le said:
stock exhaust on your truck if it is a v-8 is 2.25 and 2.5. Have 2.5" system made up for you from the cat back with a 2.5 muffler. Its possible that someone makes a cat back system, but I don't know who. I just went to Walker exhaust website and they have exhaust break down for vehicles and they list a 2.5" tailpipe for your truck. Its different depending on wheelbase. Check out their website and possibly piece together a system with a 2.5" flowmaster muffler
I went with a new Y pipe into 3" pipe to a high flow cat and a Flowmaster 3 chamber and 3" pipe out, it sounds awsome and great performance. Just make sure that if you spend the money to open the exhaust you open the cat, if you keep the stock cat you are wasting your money if you ask me, It's all about flow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts