Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just installed a rebuilt carb and have been fine tuning it for a few days. Thought I had it just right, but maybe the float was too high. Anyway it flooded this morning and at 5pm it still won’t crank. Last time this happened it was like 3-4 days before she fired back up. Is there a way to get the engine to fire up or so I just have to wait? Tried cranking with the pedal all the way down and I have the choke plate propped open. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
You can pull the plugs & clean them, maybe crank the engine with them out. But you should be getting some kinda reaction (backfire) if it's flooded & you got spark.

Bucky

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can pull the plugs & clean them, maybe crank the engine with them out. But you should be getting some kinda reaction (backfire) if it's flooded & you got spark.

Bucky
thanks, I have the plugs out and turned the key. Just the starter turning and strong smell of gas. It flooded a few months ago and took about 4 days to settle then cranked right up. I’ll give it a few hours with the plugs out and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts