Dodge RamCharger Central banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the fourth one that I have broken & the third SFI approved flexplate that I have broken. I need to find a stronger flexplate or find out why I keep breaking these things.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rodney

·
Registered
29,688 Posts
l,d say that yer tranny aint centered on the crank / they make offset dowl pins to center it / l can post a diagram from the MOPAR engine book on the procedure on how to do it / that or yer tork convertor hub is bent or the crank / something is out of sinc

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
You are breaking them cuz you are not getting the proper alignment . there is a certain amount of tolerance u can have on a clutch housing . I think it is adjusted by using different diameter dowel pins where the clutch cover bolts into . Now I just saw this done not long ago but i know the alignment of the clutch is critical other wise you can blow up any flexplate . Dodgeboys is right on the money about the dowel pins as well .

BrianT

PS: You need a magnetic base and dial indicator to know how much distance u have inthe housing and what distance u need will let u know what size dowel u need ot use .

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would greatly appreciate that diagram DODGEBOYS is it from one of the cureent books. I have one that I bought from the dealer about a year or so ago. & I have one that is about 20 years old.

Thanks for the help guys.

Rodney

·
Registered
29,688 Posts
if the PICs aint very good l,ll hafta type it in and then just post the diagram

Attachments

·
Registered
29,688 Posts
last / if you could get CHUMP on here and have him update the part numbers for you

Attachments

·
7,995 Posts
BOGGER35 said:
last / if you could get CHUMP on here and have him update the part numbers for you
Part#
1122532 Std.
1736347 .007 Over Center
1736348 .014 Over Center
1736353 .021 Over Center

rwd offset clutch housing dowel pkg.
contains two each 0.007", 0.014" and
0.021" offset dowels.
P4120383 offset dowel package $29.95
http://www.campbellenterprises.com/MoparPerformancetransmissionparts.htm

This kit is by far the most cost effective way to go as far as I can see as it sells for around $30 on the net. some of the individual dowel pins sell for $20 apiece.

Might be worth a try to ask at your local NAPA for Cylinder Block Dowel Pins and see if they can get them offset? Maybe a tranny shop? also try some of the local race shops or places like Summit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.