Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 78 shot box w150 with a 360 4 speed and 203 tcase.  I’ve go a line on a nicely built 440 with Kieth black hyperutectic pistons, six pack cam, m1 single plane intake, truck headers.  The engine came out of an old dually truck so it has all the truck bits on it already.  The motor runs awesome.  I just found a bellhousing and small brake booster fo it!  I drive this beast as my daily driver and would like to put fuel injection on it. I was planning to run Fitech but now I’ve been looking at the Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4 system.  Do you guys thing the multi port system is worth the extra $1000. The eddy system does look sweet!  Any options would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
13,936 Posts
...when I was researching EFI systems I decided to go with Holley's Sniper system, including the ignition.  I looked at lots of them, and came down to the Howell 2bbl TBI unit and the Holley, and for 'extra tuning potential' went with the Holley.  While I haven't yet fired up my own 440 I really like the Holley system - very nice hardware and simple.  I would not go with a port injected system over a single throttle body unit, and I'm not a big fan of the ProFlo systems either - had a ProFlo system on a 440 in the past and just wasn't really that impressed.  I might also recommend an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake for your 440 - even with EFI the dual-plane configuration is said to be that much better for fuel mixing, but if you already have a sealed engine I probably wouldn't bother swapping intakes.

- Sam

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply mad max!  I know between the holly and Fitech it seems there are good and bad points  for either system, it’s a bit of a toss up.  And I realize the earlier Pro-Flo systems had their issues as well, but the Pro-Flo 4 has a better self learn feature than the previous systems.  I guess I’m a little paranoid about having buyers regrets when spending this kind of money.

·
Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
7,147 Posts
There are lots of good systems out there like Fitech and Holley and Edelbrock and Big Stuff 3 and more. They all have their good points and bad. I am in agreeance with Mad Max. I think the Holley system has the best overall options and driveability of all systems. Like I said, they all have their good points and bad. The Big Stuff 3 is the fastest system on to the market (or at least it was) but the Holley just seems to be the best for street right now. JMO

·
Super Moderator
13,936 Posts
...and I'll add this too - with my military discount the Holley system I got was under $1500, which included 'everything', including all of the ignition hardware (dizzy, coil, etc), which was a very nice perk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.