Dodge RamCharger Central banner

First Gen LA Oil Pressure Extension Hose?????

1K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  KurtfromLaQuinta 
#1 ·
I just spent an hour getting the distributor loose and out of my 83 W150.

WHY..... do the vacuum advance and Oil pressure warning lamp-Choke pull off block the damn Distributor clamp?
Prob no need to answer....it is what it is....

My 82 Ramcharger has a long extension hose putting the switch and wiring up by the cowl.
Where do you guys get that extension hose to cure this ridiculous problem???
Local part at Napa?

Thanks in Advance!!!!

#4 ·
I use a 1/8NPT to 5/16 inverted flare adapter, then a short length of 5/16" brake line, then another adapter, and mount the hole assembly near a valve cover. This one I made up a fancy piece from some scrap aluminum, Other ones I have just used a hose clamp to hold the body, or used a air tool manifold and bolted it to a bracket. Just takes some thinking. By using the brake line, and keepining it on the engine, you do not have to worry over the hose going bad down the road.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Electrical wiring

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Machine

#6 ·
Yes, I have a dozen or so different ones. Still makes it easier to get the oil sender out of the way.

#9 ·
Yea, I know. I just prefer to get it all out of the way, and where I can see it all better.

#10 ·
Question?
I swapped the Extension hose off my Ramcharger that is now Sniper injected.
It does NOT need the Choke activation wire....
Does the 3 Prong Pressure choke switch need to be grounded? OP Switch?
My RC had an extra ground from the OP switch to the firewall.
Since the brake hose is non conductive I suspect that it should be since its NO longer directly in contact with the block.

Yes, I have mostly had big blocks and Hemis.
Have not seen that Wrench....Thanks.

#11 ·
If you have a factory gauge for the oil, the three prong switch is only used for the choke. It does not need to be grounded. The outer two contacts are connected when there is oil pressure. The center one gets grounded to its case, when there is no oil pressure, to activate the light. So it does need grounded for the oil light to work right.

I use the choke power to control the relay for my electric fuel pumps.

The case for the oil pressure sender does need to be grounded.

#12 ·
All is hooked up and working. BUT, my oil pressure is low on gauge. I have NOT grounded the body byt will.

What COLOR wire goes to the Oil Pressure sender? I have a "tan" whitish wire that has a relief in the black terminal...I suspect its that one and the reading is low due to ground.
I did oil change.......

#13 ·
What COLOR wire goes to the Oil Pressure sender?

what year is your Tesla

howdy / please fill out your SIG that shows at the bottom of your posts with your truck info = it cuts down on the BS and and you recieve better answers because members dont hafta guess which year Ford Focus you drive ???

NOTE / if you dont know howto fill out your SIG just ask me or a Mod for help ;)

signed / RCC Signature Police - Sgt Stedanko

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.