·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is it

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
If you read the title closely, then it is not a firearms and sportsmen board, but an outdoor activity board, which is intended to give users a place to discuss outdoor activites, such wheeling trips and areas etc..

As it was discussed with willy, the initiator of this board, this board is not intended to be a gun only board. If you have the urge to discuss, sell/trade etc your guns, there are other boards available online, that you might want to consider using. It was brought up numerous times: this is a truck board and it seems that a lot of people would like to keep it that way.

So, I hope the title and description make it clear: it's about outdoor activities not firearms (though they can be part of an outdoor activity) :)

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
Well, when I go into the "outdoors" I always have to decide what pistol to carry...

Do I bring the 45 or the 40? Everytime I have to make that decision. It's getting so hard to decide I might have to get a 357.... ;D

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol then you will have 1 more choice to make

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
As I said before, if you need to discuss the technical details and differences between a 45, 40, 357 or a tank, take that to a board that is put on the web just for discussions like that.
I hope I made it clear what the purpose of this board is. If you are still unclear what to post on here, you may contact me with questions.
In case you feel like joking around on this issue, then I hope you are aware that an action is usually followed by a reaction and hope that you can live with the consequences. :)

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
awesome. thanks santak! can we have our postal matches here?

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
don't thank me...wasn't me who created that board. :)
Can you elaborate on the "postal matches"? I know what matches are. I know the USPS, but I can't really associate anything with the term "postal matches"... ???

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
Postal Match = The gathering of disgruntaled Government Employees, whose sole purpose is the removal of their boss by any means possible.

No really it's a freindly shooting competition where you go out with friends, shoot paper targets, and post the results to the web so your long distance friends can see the results.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
its like MS described. its just like are pic of the month with the Ramcharger only with targer shooting. its pretty fun!

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I, personally, don't have a problem with postings about shooting competition results. We as mods just don't want this to be a shooters only board, as it was first thought of. This is not the purpose of RCC and our bandwidth and server resources are on the upper limits as it is now already.
If you want to exchange ideas about trips, tips and dos/don'ts when going on a wheeling/outdoor trip, then do it here. If this board turns into a board with the majority of posts being geared toward gun/shooting related topics, then I don't see any need for this board on RCC anymore, because you can take these discussion to other sites, that willy already mentioned in the sticky post and we can free up some resources here on RCC. Understood? :)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Mudshark said:
Postal Match = The gathering of disgruntaled Government Employees, whose sole purpose is the removal of their boss by any means possible.
Woo-Hoo! That`s me!!!! :D

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
crashman said:
Mudshark said:
We all hope not, but your welcome to compete.

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
I've sold off a lot of my rifles. I'll participate in a pistol match, though. (how bout a 12 gauge match? ;D)

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
I would like to see everything from a 22 to a 50 used for pistol patches, 10 12 and 20 for slugs at 50 yards, and then rifles from 22 to 50 at 500 to 1000 yards.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
crashman said:
Mudshark said:
I was implying, I work for the USPS, and I like to shoot.When i took the CWP class, 14 out of 15 worked at the USPS. ;D

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
crashman said:
I was implying, I work for the USPS, and I like to shoot.When i took the CWP class, 14 out of 15 worked at the USPS. ;D
I knew what you meant, but it was too easy to tell you forget your job and come play with us. :)

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
Mini 14 owners.

have a ranch rifle? hate that rear site? william peep site WGRS-Mini-14/30. 30 dollars. aluminum. windage & elevation adjustable! soon as i take a pic ill shoe you all!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts