Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I have finally mustered up the courage to post pics of my RC on here. Now ya'll can see why I complain so much.
Mind you.. this is after the accident, so it has no grille since I rearended the person, and has tape on the headlights. The tape above the rear wheel is because in NJ you can't pass inspection unless you have all rust taped over for liability reasons. It's very bruised and battered from many years of abuse and multiple accidents.
It's an 88, we have owned it since the day it was brand new at the dealership. It's almost as old as me, so that's why I love it so much.
So far it's completely stock. It has 31's on it. I plan on doing more to it when I get the $$$, but the estimate for the body work is well above a grand, so that's holding off. It's heading in the shop this week for ujoints cause it loves going off roading and they're shot now. Well, here we go.. this is it.. don't laugh too much.
http://hometown.aol.com/duffmanoooohyea/rc.html

There was only enough batteries to take 3 pictures, this was before an attempt to wash the truck. It's covered in about 3 inches of salt from the damn snowy roads. Hope the link works..

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
Now why would we laugh at that?? Trust me, my old rig was in way worse shape than that. I like the color too...pretty cool rig, Christy.

Ian

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The color is actually what I don't like. Sure, it was nice when we first got it, and granted sun spots and rust have taken it's toll - it looks like one of the buses for the slow children at school. Yes, I often get mistaken for driving a tart cart...

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks :) I just got back from my mechanic and my boy is taking a trip to the doctors real soon. Good. I hate to see it sitting there, most of all I hate driving the damn car around..

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
Christy said:
The color is actually what I don't like. Sure, it was nice when we first got it, and granted sun spots and rust have taken it's toll - it looks like one of the buses for the slow children at school. Yes, I often get mistaken for driving a tart cart...
LOL!! I can see why you don't like it then. Here, the "tart carts" are yellow.

Ian

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Hey christy,.... you know what,... them little rough spots only add character to our old RC's. Our old brute is needing some body work but he still makes my heart skip a beat..
;D

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha, thanks. I would invest in body work but it is damn expensive around here. The cheapest estimate I had on my boy was $1,700.. I kinda dont wanna shell that out for body work, I'd rather stick it in the engine or anything else mechanically wrong. Apparently you can tell I am not worried about cosmetics since I still havent replaced the grille from when I got in my accident back in November. Eh, I'll get to it. ::)

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
that rc has plenty of potential to look great.i think the color is hurting its looks worse than the dents. :p
and i would suggest learning how to do some minor maintenence yourself.u-joints arent too difficult to change and can save you so much $ doing it yourself. take it from me, i go thru alot of u-joints ::)

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would have done them myself.. but I woulda needed someone to be there to show me how to do them myself. All the offers came after it was down in the shop and the parts were ordered.
I dont wanna slap a paint job on it till body work gets done.
The boys getting old, with 197k on it.. I may just ride him out till he croaks and invest in another one with less mileage.

·
Premium Member
5,075 Posts
one day it will be the way you want it, have fun, and keep wrenchin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.