Dodge RamCharger Central banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After selling my 98 Cummins last year (after 14 years of ownership), I was without a truck for the first time in 25 years.
I decided to pull the trigger and pick one up last night, after going back and forth with the dealership the past week.
Got a black 2018 Ram 1500 ecodiesel.  An awful lot quieter than the 98, and more comfortable.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Welcome back to the family! ;)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Nice man. You are goin to love it. I have a 2014 with the 5.7 and 8 speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Mopar? ... or Fiat?  :D :-X

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fiat-par?

·
Super Moderator
29,795 Posts
Fauxpar?

All jokes aside, congrats on the new purchase.  It's not to my taste, but I do envy all your creature comforts!  ;D

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.  I do miss the 98, especially the "paid off" part.  It was a lot "easier" to work on, though this has a warranty and gets better mileage.  And yeah, it's comfy. ;D

·
Registered
758 Posts
If money were no object I'd drive one of those.  Unfortunately, my bank account would object if I got one.  (see what I did there)

Congrats and Welcome back!

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
SeahawkDodge said:
Fiat-par?
Love your English lesson in you profile.
Half the guys on here can take that to heart. ;D
That and there is a thing called spell check! For crying out loud! ;)

I vaguely remembered that stuff from grade school... which was a looooonnnnng time ago.
With the help of forum pages... that stuff kicked back in because I didn't want people to think "clearly Kurt didn't get past the 3rd grade!"

·
Registered
52,873 Posts
SeahawkDodge said:
Thanks. I do miss the 98, especially the "paid off" part. It was a lot "easier" to work on, though this has a warranty and gets better mileage. And yeah, it's comfy. ;D
Ok so power wise what's it like? I know its a 1500 but I would like to know if the MPG difference is worth the loss of power. Not that I'm going to go buy a new one BUT if I found a used one for a good price a may think about it. ;)

Oh and welcome back to the mopar club. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Power wise it is decent.  It will burn rubber, and the 8 speed transmission really keeps the engine where it needs to be.  Technically it has more horsepower and the same torque rating as my 98 5.9 Cummins did...stock anyway.  It is relatively quick, but not fast.  I may end up doing intake/exhaust/tune to it down the road.

Kurt, I had to laugh.  I had forgotten what I had in my profile, it's been so long since I posted anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts