Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got the truck up and running now. it shifts pretty good with the 727 but i can tell that its shifting just a small bit to late. so which way do i move the rod to address said issue. i think i know but im not completely sure...

the motor still needs a few tune up touches cause it would die out whenever i stopped or slowed down on the test drive but other than that its good {win}

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Is the kickdown linkage properly adjusted?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Elwenil said:
Is the kickdown linkage properly adjusted?
thats what im wanting to adjust... just dont remember for sure which way to move it..

its REAL close but still alittle off.. you have to back off the gas some and it will drop down to the next gear.. sometimes.. and sometimes it jumps the gear on its own.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Shorten the rod (so it pushes on the trans lever less) to make it shift sooner.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
ddgeramcharger79 said:
thats what im wanting to adjust... just dont remember for sure which way to move it..

its REAL close but still alittle off.. you have to back off the gas some and it will drop down to the next gear.. sometimes.. and sometimes it jumps the gear on its own.
Adjust it back toward the Firewall, so that the throttle has to be pushed down further to "hold" a gear or to Kickdown into a lower gear ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts