Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where's the best place to purchase front fenders online? Quality vs price (as well as shipping). Thanks.

-Jesse

·
Registered
399 Posts
go to a local JY and get a pair, they are way better than aftermarket.  I bought a pair in perfect condition for 100 bucks.  Almost the same color not that I care as I hope to have this thing painted soon.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looked everywhere for good junk yards in this area ..... nada, atleast no 1st gens

·
Registered
399 Posts
you in a small town?  I would try a JY you trust and see if they can find you a pair.  I live in a relatively small place and they had a RC minus the hatch! damn it.  But I got the fenders and I'm think about going back and seeing if they have rad core support and doors.  I would like the later model doors with the power mirrors.  Good luck by the way but it might be worth it to expand your search area.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i guess small is a bit relative but there's about 3,000 in my town. there's a junk yard about 30 min away that i tried to get doors through once and they never called me back on what they found. found doors since but i've lost a bit of faith in that market. i'll try calling them tomorrow though, but how much cheaper are aftermarket fenders compared to oem?

·
Registered
48 Posts
i payed $125.00 for an aftermarket RH fender for my 86 RC in Ohio. it fit OK but i would have liked OEM ( hard to find rust free fenders here) found a used fender in PA for $75.00 With a dent and rust. if you are looking for top quality by OEM. Aftermarket fenders will work fine for a driver but they will require some finesse to install them and line them up. the bigest diference i found was the OEM fender is about 10 lbs  more than the aftermarket fender.

·
Super Moderator
14,034 Posts
ditto the salvage yard/oem.  Aftermarket, when you can find it, is a poor product.  Check our classifieds for people parting out trucks and you will likely find something you'd like.

·
Super Moderator
14,034 Posts
Raybuck has decent stuff but only patch sections (the arch in this case).

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm lookin for front fenders. i don't believe they make patches for those, but i could be wrong.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts