Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was time to tart up the old beast. Decided I could make my workload easier just by cutting some of it off. (Note... no 'good' body metal was harmed ;)) Patched the holey rockers and blacked it out the whole length.

Here's what I came up with. Should have room for at least 37's now.
IMG_20210522_1704569.jpg IMG_20210522_1812139.jpg IMG_20210522_1847587.jpg

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks great. Always a good job done when you don’t lose any fingers by the death wheels.

·
Super Moderator
29,900 Posts
I went round. 37s on stock, saggy suspension and D60s.

Reactions: u2slow

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Elwenil you could use my rocker blackout trick there... ;D

·
Super Moderator
29,900 Posts
I think it's too late for that. That's an old pic, it's gotten worse over the years. Rockers will probably be replaced with square tubing, rear 1/4s will be hacked off just below the bodyline and the front 1/4 will get patched. I have a new front end as well, but unsure if I want to cut nice, factory sheetmetal. Might try the fiberglass flared baja fenders instead. With the build of my new truck winding down, I am going to start fixing the Ramcharger. Body first, then drivetrain since it still runs and drives just fine.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Pie cut and welded mine, reworked the stock inners to fit and clear the cage.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Do you plan to put the side marker light back on there U2slow?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not especially. I liked 67-older vehicles for that reason.

If I get in trouble for not having a side marker, I'll add something to the bumper.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
If I get in trouble for not having a side marker, I'll add something to the bumper.
Now who is going to complain? :)

·
Super Moderator
29,900 Posts
Well if you live in a state with yearly safety inspections it would probably come up. :D

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nah... no mandatory annual inspections (personal vehicles) for almost 35 years now.

Nowadays you keep up appearances for the odd roadblock or speeding ticket. Cops can issue an inspection notice anytime, any reason, and it's non-disputable.

·
Registered
1988 Ramcharger W150, 318, 4-speed; 2008 Sebring Convertible; 2015 Challenger Shaker SCATPack 392 A8
36 Posts
You could always just graft in a '68 Dodge side marker light, they are the little round ones.

Reactions: 4x4 440 and u2slow
1 - 12 of 12 Posts