Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so here's my story (try to keep it short). Bought a cam from Comp and the guy promised me that it would work on a completely stock 318, no valvetrain mods. I get it, and the card in there says i need heavier springs. okay no biggie. But i need springs so tall that the guides must be machined, and the valve stems aren't long enough, so now im almost $1000 into head mods at the machine shop. ANyway, im worried about whether the stock 318 tbi will provide enough fuel/air to my cam. So if i need to, how can i up my tbi's performance. It's an 88 so jet won't make a chip for me.
I need to know if an 89 computer will swap in easily (plug-n-play). If so, would a 89 360 computer swap in easily also? Do they sell bigger injectors? Is there any way holley might be able to help?
I need to do what i need to do in order to make this motor run right, so if anyone out there is a tbi expert please help!!!!!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry it took me so long, but the cam specs are very simple. THe duration is basically stock. It's 206/212 at 50. but the lift is a 480/480. Machine shop said it was quite a lift. Comp told me i didn't need any fuel system or computer mods, but then they also told me my stock valvetrain would work. $1000 worth of head mods later...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts