Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did Dodge make any fast ratio steering boxes? My current box is just over 4 turns lock to lock. If a faster ratio box is available is there an easy way to identify it?

·
3,753 Posts
My `93 Cummins is right about 3 turns, what year of truck are you working on?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's an 85 model, 2 wheel drive. Does the 93 offer good road feel? (I had a 1982 3/4 ton years ago. It's power steering was WAY over boosted!!)

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
AGR comes to mind for steering boxes, mabey they would have what you're looking for.

·
3,753 Posts
Yeah the `93 seems to have a good all around road feel, definately not over boosted, maybe a little under boosted, but I have plans to fix that.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Donk said:
AGR comes to mind for steering boxes, mabey they would have what you're looking for.
Yep thats where my box came from I have a variable unit but they make a stock and a quick unit too

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
I bought the agr quick ratio box

·
Registered
315 Posts
Bogie said:
Donk said:
Yep thats where my box came from I have a variable unit but they make a stock and a quick unit too
Back when I was looking a couple of years ago, AGR told me they didn't make anything that would work with a pre-93 Dodge. Sounds like the wrong person answered the phone when I called. . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts