Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1978 w150 318 727
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 78 w150 came with a fixed 20 inch 5 blade fan
I recently switched out the radiator and added a '85 5 blade 20 inch fan with a severe duty clutch. The fan doesn't seem to be outside of the shroud to meet the half in half out measurement. There is no air blowing over the motor or a/c compressor but more out from the edge of the shroud in an up and out and around the sides now. The fixed blade blew directly towards the back of the vehicle and over the engine which I was pretty sure over half the fixed blade was out of the shroud. Is the fan depth causing my air flow issue by having the fan 3/4 in and 1/4 out and making it blow to the sides and not back? Literally have my hand directly behind the fan in front of the a/c compressor and there is absolutely no air flow. Put you had directly above the shroud at the edge and it feels like a tornado. Paper towels fly right out of my hand and into the condesor showing that there is tons of air flow through the radiator.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
see your other post  I answered there . also please post a pic of your current set up . 1000 words etc .....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.