Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
its as IF the asd relay was bad and the fuel pump relay was GOOD one of them works , BUT tested AT the asd relay the 142 16 dg/orange wire gets powered for the first second key is on ..... makes me think a break between relay and coil/injectors , but why does the pcm not keep the ground path k51 db/yellow "made" when it is cranking ... too bad I / we do not have the programing for the pcm .

·
Super Moderator
59,471 Posts
ummm , o.k. what results would I be looking for if I did that ? the injectors go thru 2 splices by the way , 142 and 142-1 so which injector would I choose ? the coil too is never powered ... not even when the fuel pump IS
It would not matter, they are joined together. Looks like they did that to easily route the wires, by having a splice for each bank.
its as IF the asd relay was bad and the fuel pump relay was GOOD one of them works , BUT tested AT the asd relay the 142 16 dg/orange wire gets powered for the first second key is on ..... makes me think a break between relay and coil/injectors , but why does the pcm not keep the ground path k51 db/yellow "made" when it is cranking ... too bad I / we do not have the programing for the pcm .
Would not surprise me. Is there a connector between the ASD, and the engine?

·
Registered
28,267 Posts
ummm , o.k. what results would I be looking for if I did that ? the injectors go thru 2 splices by the way , 142 and 142-1 so which injector would I choose ? the coil too is never powered ... not even when the fuel pump IS
which ever one also lights up the coil

·
Registered
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
diagram shows the coil runs thru both splices as I see it .Yes, set up for left/right"banks" . No connector between asd/ coil and injectors , only between f/p and its relay are shown on diagrams above , and in "book"

·
Registered
28,267 Posts
do the pass like the diagram below and then check to see where you have power , that will narrow down the problem

41 - 45 of 45 Posts