·
Registered
28,354 Posts
well according to the "body diagnostics manual" trucks do not have that system

·
Registered
13,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL so the powertrain manual tells you to look in the body manual for something that don't exist . pretty good . thank you . I've never seen reference to it in the wire diagrams either . I suppose it could work off the KEY IN circuits though ..

·
Registered
28,354 Posts
which page in the 1993 FSM are you looking at

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
my 1993 RC CS has the OE Alarm, no longer works but its up under dash still .

·
Registered
13,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that photo is from a 1993 powertrain diagnostics procedures manual , so I believe it would include what ever autos had the 3.9 5.2 or 5.9 motors ,(maybe they had an anti theft option ) under the no start section in the rear of manual .
I've had nothing but problems with my '93 short box since a trans shop pinched the shift solenoid harness when installing the first replacement trans 4 years ago . they taped up the burnt harness with ... duct tape .....
to furyschild .. REALLY ? well I wonder , this shut down like someone switched off the fuel , as I pulled out of a store ... I HAVE NOT had time to even look with a pressure gauge or test light , I was just doing some reading ... I hear the pump run ... this truck was FULLY optioned , power every thing , 5.9 , limited slip, seems like it was deluxe when new ... don't have buildsheet .. the powertrain manual seems to say it shuts off the fuel , but does not say if its thru the pcm OR the asd .... pump runs so .... helper, test light, f/p gauge , time required ..maybe a scan tool ... . LOL

·
Registered
158 Posts
Is she a manual? that’s all the theft protection you need right there 😄

·
Registered
28,354 Posts
first off what do you have for CODES , the manual below is the one l,m looking at , its the CCD communication manual [ the PCM talking to all the other modules and sensors ]

View attachment 617855

·
Registered
28,354 Posts
from what l,m reading it DON'T have it and if it did it shuts off the fuel injectors , l NOID light fuel injector tester would verify that

·
Registered
13,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah , I've not seen any alarm , and its an automatic , and where I live , we leave the keys IN the car , in winter you park outside the "store" go in and shop , while the auto runs outside and stays warm , unlocked . No One steals yer car/truck cause if they did , they'd get shot ... either by the owner OR all the people coming/going who know who's car it is .its THAT kind of area :) yes , a powered test light on the ground of an injector , that would be from the pcm , not the asd , thanks :) .

Attachments

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
28,354 Posts
IF you read the page you posted it says to go to the manual l posted and that says a truck does NOT have the alarm

CODES what do you have for codes

·
Registered
13,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes thank you , I do NOT have the body manual , so I posted here hoping some one would , and it worked :)
codes , LOL yeah , thats as far as I've gotten with it , and that just proved I'm an idjut ... every time I go to read the flashes , I get "defused" some where along the way , and get a different set each time ( DUH ) SO I asked the g/f to do it , she came up with a whole different set ....(. good thing we have 6 of these trucks to get around ) one code I'm consistently getting is battery discoed , which hasn't been for a LONG time ( nor dead) and SRI miles not stored .. a replacement pcm its been raining and its outside , or I've been alone or I'd of done some preliminary checking with a test light and such . Years ago I'd have jumped right on it , these days it don't seem that critical ,I know I can fix it , all it takes is some lookie see , LOL I should do like I did on the 1 ton , pull the whole harness and go over it on the bench . Start fresh because of the trans harness that burnt and has been "repaired" by "others" that circut also powers the "heated" O 2 sensor , etc .. I'll keep ya posted ...

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
the Mopar EVS security alarm was available for all trucks with only one exception , Ram 50

·
Registered
13,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
an argument I'm not going to get into . read as a polite no , thank you . ;) small up date , fuel pressure key on eng off 36-7 psi , crank engine , pressure drops right off , suspect : crank sensor , the thing under rotor in dizzy ... or its wiring ...

·
Registered
13,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what does this "alarm" LOOK like ?

·
Super Moderator
59,509 Posts
an argument I'm not going to get into . read as a polite no , thank you . ;) small up date , fuel pressure key on eng off 36-7 psi , crank engine , pressure drops right off , suspect : crank sensor , the thing under rotor in dizzy ... or its wiring ...
Cannot help with the alarm. The one thing on the magnums, that can cause a no start, and not throw a code, is the crank shaft sensor (the one mounted at the back of the engine, and reads off the flex plate). I have had new ones bad, so I only get brand name ones, what ever that is.

I should do like I did on the 1 ton , pull the whole harness and go over it on the bench . Start fresh because of the trans harness that burnt and has been "repaired" by "others" that circut also powers the "heated" O 2 sensor , etc .. I'll keep ya posted ...
That is always a good idea if you have the time.

·
Registered
28,354 Posts
IF you read the page you posted it says to go to the manual l posted and that says a truck does NOT have the alarm

CODES what do you have for codes

still waiting on the codes

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Since it is a stand alone unit , hard wires into harness it will not have ecu error codes , try looking in a MOPAR genuine Accessories catalog and you will see the EVS alarm system was available for all trucks except Ram50 , and if burn the fuse or try starting without shutting off with remote , it kills ignition circuit , you can crank all you want it will not start . since it buried up under dash cannot take photo , but its a rectangular black box wires exit bottom , EVS with Pentastar molded into face .

not exact manual for trucks by wiring is same

1 - 20 of 45 Posts