1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, you gave great info on my drip rail delema, now got another one
I got a 82-83 RC and it has the factory radio CB
2 questions
1. Does anyone know of a company or shop that goes through the unit for workablity and can preform any repairs if needed, and are good at it.
2. And I am missing the CB mic, is there anyother brands that are plug in interchangeable? Or a supplier.
Thanks,
REB

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
There are a few different types of those radios.  One I have seen was a 23 channel made by Motorola.  Another was a 40 channel with a digital channel display and was made by Royce.  Any good CB repair shop should be able to fix the CB side while a stereo repair shop can probably fix the radio portion.  Mics are pretty simple and it shouldn't be hard to retro fit another mic to the old radio once the wiring has been figured out.  We had a 23 channel one at the dealership for a long time that still worked but was pretty pathetic in performance compared to other radios of the day.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
both the am/cb and am/fm stereo/cb i have use the same mics

i believe they were audiovox products.
what about toyradio?i would think this was up his alley....

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the 23 channel am/fm unit, now the way I heard it the 23 channel has more power as in signal out put and the FCC ruled that the new 40 channel was to have less power, (so as not to interfer with the police signals)
Now this is not to say I am not going to find a ohh I dont know a Sony Explode system, and hide it ( need some real sound when pumping my Led Zep or Eagles) (old guys rule) Just want the factory look showing on the dash, I think it looks cool. Better than any led digital radio display. Keep the info coming guys, its all great
REB

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
I'm pretty sure the 4 watt limit has been in effect since the Citizen's Band was created.  About the only real change made back then was no longer requiring an FCC License to use CB radios.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts