Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a complete body off resto of my 1990 4wd 360 auto tranny. Does anyone have a schematic or detailed pics of the factory suspension? The truck had a huge lift kit on it when I bought it and now I'm at odds with different opinions about how Dodge set it up from the factory and I'm looking to get this project as close to factory as I can.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Lots of factory variations. I reckon there's 3" difference in suspension height depending on options.

If you want exact, better have the codes from the underhood decal... because even the dealer doesn't have build info for our 93-older trucks.

Reactions: Toohigh4Lehigh

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Pretty much what I can recall is leafs only in front, leaf plus lift block in back. Now springs had different number of leafs depending on rating. You didn't specify 1/2, 3/4 or 1 ton.

If you show pictures of what you got maybe we can point out what doesn't look original.

Bucky

Reactions: Toohigh4Lehigh

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
A place like rockauto has a good listing of stock offerings.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Picture is almost right. The 3 U bolts point up and only have a plate on top of the spring. The 4th u bolt is actually 2 studs in the differential casting.

I think the picture is of an older truck.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Picture is almost right. The 3 U bolts point up and only have a plate on top of the spring. The 4th u bolt is actually 2 studs in the differential casting.

I think the picture is of an older truck.
Yep. Looks like my '74 stock setup. Which is basically what I'm still running.
Weren't those stud mounts an inherently weaker system?

Yes Toohigh4Lehigh. The front shocks are pretty much straight up and down.
The rear shocks lean in towards the center of the frame.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
31,407 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts