Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Trying to finish my 92 RC. Next need is the factory exhaust brackets. One mounts at the end of the frame on the outside and supports the tailpipe. The other I need mounts on the inside of the frame about halfway up supporting the rear of the muffler (not to be confused with the bracket that bolts to the crossmember and supports the front of the muffler). These were on my 1992. Not sure what other years these were the same. Just need one of each. I realize that they probably can be made fairly easily, but I currently don't have the means to do so. Anyone have these to sell?
Wood Tints and shades Brick Metal Composite material

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
385 Posts
are you trying to go back to a factory layout? back over axle?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, going duals (out the back under the rear bumper), but I like the factory look. Not a fan of universal crappy hangers.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Nah, going duals (out the back under the rear bumper), but I like the factory look. Not a fan of universal crappy hangers.
Is going duals under the bumper bad? Thought I seen somewhere it can leak through into the truck. I put my true duals behind the tires whether I’m right or wrong just to avoid that.

·
Registered
Project Leviathan
385 Posts
Okay I just used the old brackets with bailing wire and hung it lol. i put mine right in front of the rear wheels. I wanted none of that axle and gas tank stuff to deal with.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lzed - duals under the rear bumper are probably not a good idea if you have the earlier R/C with the window that opens on the removable top. Potential to "vacuum" the exhaust in if you don't have a good seal. That's the theory anyway. The 81-93 R/C have the liftgate, so there isn't any issue, again assuming a good seal. Biggest problem with the duals out the back is the trailer hitch makes it challenging to route. But mine came out ok.

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
550 Posts
Lzed - duals under the rear bumper are probably not a good idea if you have the earlier R/C with the window that opens on the removable top. Potential to "vacuum" the exhaust in if you don't have a good seal. That's the theory anyway. The 81-93 R/C have the liftgate, so there isn't any issue, again assuming a good seal. Biggest problem with the duals out the back is the trailer hitch makes it challenging to route. But mine came out ok.
Good to know!! Got any pics of your set up? I had mine come out behind the tires on about a 45 degree angle with 3in tips.

·
Registered
30,094 Posts
hate to tell you this but l looked it up in the parts book and its 1992 ONLY because of the Mag motor and 1993 is different also

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I did see that. Can't imagine why they would be different in 93....Guess the exhaust bracket design engineers need to keep their job.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. I actually bought a bunch months ago planning on making some. But I was feeling a little lazy :)

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
the 1993 uses same two of those plus a double hanger at front of muffler .
I would show you but I modified mine to fit 3" custom pipe with aftermarket performance muffler .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would have thought that. The 92 also has the double hanger bolted to the top frame crossmember. Not sure why the part numbers differ.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Dodgeboys - searched for those part numbers. none to be found. I made some that worked.

·
Registered
30,094 Posts
well according to the TSB below the 1992 and older RC.s bracket got replaced by a very common 1988 to 1992 bracket from a truck or rc

DodgeRam.info > TSB's > 1985-1993 Ram > 11-02-92
TSB 11-02-92
Rear Tailpipe Support Bracket Cracking/Breakage
Site
Sponsor:
Date: Jul. 27, 1992
Models: 1988-1992 (AD) Ram Pickup/Ram Cab & Chassis/Ramcharger Power Ram Cab & Chassis
Symptom/Condition:
Customer complaints of the rear tailpipe support bracket cracking/breaking causing a rattle noise.
Parts Required:
1 Support, Tailpipe 52018458
Repair Procedure:
This repair involves replacement of the rear tailpipe support bracket with a revised one.
1. Remove the existing rear tailpipe support bracket from the frame and tailpipe.
2. Install the new tailpipe support bracket, torque to 23 N-m (200 in. lbs.).
Notes:
POLICY: Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
TIME ALLOWANCE:
Labor Operation No. 11-40-10-94 . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.2 Hrs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts