Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Good luck finding one for $22k. I bought my '18 Ram 2500 for $28k in January of 2020. Today it Blue Books for almost $55k. It's a bubble that is going to pop eventually, but right now late model used truck prices are insane.
Friend of mine traded in a ‘17 Tacoma with 50k miles on it for more than he paid new.

·
Administrator
59,684 Posts
There is some members on the Pacifica forum, that trade in their hybrid every year. The $7500 fed, and what ever their state has for a rebate covers the first years depreciation, so they end up making money in the deal. Think of it like having the govt make more then your first years payment, then trading it in, and doing it all over again. They have been doing that since 2017, and making out. I have not been back for awhile, I doubt they are doing it now.

Prices are crazy right now, I have even seen dealers advertising a 2021 Pacifica for $20K over list.

I would not look to buy a new, or less then ten year old vehicle right now. Like wood, the prices will come back to earth after a bit.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I can't believe the prices they are asking for the OBS(Old Body Style 92-97) Ford Powerstrokes. Holy Cow Batman!

I have a 93 Ford F350 crewcab dually 4X4 Centurian with a 460. My son says there are people chomping at the bit to get ahold of that if I sell it. Ummmm WHYYYY? It's a gutless wonder with bad brakes and a faded paint job!

·
Super Moderator
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Recently listed on FB for $26,000 USD: 78 TD, a/c, cruise, tilt, the dreaded low backs and a 318->360. #s match engine available. For that money I'd at least expect the right air cleaner. Console looks later as well and when did SE door panels start looking like this? I'm thinking later than 78 but not really sure.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Recently listed on FB for $26,000 USD: 78 TD, a/c, cruise, tilt, the dreaded low backs and a 318->360. #s match engine available. For that money I'd at least expect the right air cleaner. Console looks later as well and when did SE door panels start looking like this? I'm thinking later than 78 but not really sure.

View attachment 619184

View attachment 619185

View attachment 619189
I guess it all depends on how the resto was done and if everything is done well. Love the seats. I have a set of those that I'd like to do the same with.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Just 4 off the top
Id give 8500 all day for that yellow 74 :love:

Reactions: RCCADMAN

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
BJ auction prices may as well be a joke outside southern/sunbelt regions.

In rustier areas, this auction/antique phenomenon is a disservice to local markets. Inflates prices, but the value isn't there because the condition isn't. Stuff doesn't sell, so it sits and deteriorates further... or driven into the ground. Finally, its parted out (i.e. cummins removed by peeling the dodge off with an excavator). One more dodge gone...

Reactions: neil4224

·
Registered
865 Posts
Same with the housing market. One idiot pays too much and the real estate agents use that as the comp. Then other idiots start paying that. If everyone said; NOPE!, the prices would come back down to reality.

Reactions: neil4224
21 - 28 of 28 Posts