Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 1406 Eddy on my 360. Everything was fine, then one day I noticed it was idling extremely rich. You could smell it choking the life out of ya. Give it a little throttle and it was fine. So I figured I had a little dirt or something in the needle and seat. I decided to change the filter and take the top off the carb, but then somebody gave me a NEW IN BOX 1406. So, I figured what the hey. Replaced the filter and carb over at ratitude's place and gave him the old eddy with 15000 miles on it. After 2 days driving, I am noticing the same prob. It doesn't do this when it's cold. Only after it gets warm and driven for a few minutes. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Ok dumb question. Is your choke opening up all the way?

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Y, choke operates fine.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Gotta be the choke on a 1406. You sure you got it set up right? Seeing as how you put a new one on there and still have the same problem.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Have you checked the float level?

-SM

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I had the same problem with a 1406, turned out to be a leaking needle and seat, but you said you swapped a diff carb and it still does it...hmmm. Could be you have a small amount of trash in the fuel line after the filter? Or you might have an ign box/coil going south. Also, (prob something you don`t wanna hear) I have heard several tales about the Eddies cracking/having porosity problems in the float bowl area, symptoms are extended crank time/hard starting, esp after it has sit for a while, very similar condition to leaking fuel well on a Q-Jet (but the Q`s are fixable). One more thing, how does your old carb run on the other truck?

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I tweaked the idle mixture, and gave it some RapidFire plugs, Borg-Warner wires, and Standard Blue Streak cap and rotor, and she's singin that sweet glass-pack tune again. Thanks, guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts