Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cool truck is it a pickup or a Ramcharger ???
Someone said in video,that he has $37,000 invested I could believe it ;D

extreme dodge

·
Registered
52,716 Posts
Very cool.  8)

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
cool yes, but how could anyone have 37,000 into that?Unless they took it to a shop and told them to make it with a TIG welder and use parts directly from the factory instead of older parts.Im talking about axles and what not,IE going directly to DANA corp to get an axle for 5-6K instead of the identical piece for sub 1000 sitting under a truck.I also believe that only the sum of the PARTS that went into the truck should be counted because at the end of the day,its not the 10K in labor that gets you through the mud its the PARTS,regardless of who put them in.

for that truck,it looks like maybe: new/rebuilt engine, Hydraulic steering,rear steer,lift,bigger tires,and maybe paint.

or should I start saying that I have $XXXX into the vehicle because I bought some gas and put it into the tank over some time period?

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Trust me, when building a modern rig with all the alloy shafts and expensive doo-dads, $37k is easily reached.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I have $200 into my wheeling vehicle.it seems to work just fine on whatever I drive it through.And thats including purchase price.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
It all depends on what you want to do.  For some types of wheeling, your rig would be horribly unsuitable so it's probably not fair to judge it's cost against one purpose built for something more extreme.  I can easily order parts right now to sink almost $10 in a D60 front axle alone.  When you get into custom chassis rock buggies the price can easily top $100k.  You don't need to spend a ton of money to have fun wheeling but if you want compete or to tackle some of the most extreme trails around, it takes a rig built to handle it or you end up wasting a lot of money in broken parts in the long run.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
yep there is a difference between specialty rigs and do-all rigs.

·
Super Moderator
29,558 Posts
Well that's sort of the issue.  The differences in design have sort of polarized builds so that there really isn't a "do it all" build anymore.  You can build a rig that is good at many things but eventually you will find something that it fails miserably at.  The closest you can really come today to a "do it all" rig is probably the KoH rigs.  They can run pretty good speed across the desert and still rock crawl with the best of them.  I imagine they would do well in mud though I don't know of anyone who has really sank their ridiculously expensive build in mud.  My truck is decent at a lot of "normal" things but I know better than to tackle extreme angles, huge rocks and steep hill climbs.  I doubt it would do good in sand but that is miles away from me anyway, lol.  It all depends on what you want to do and how limited your funds are.  Some compromises are always made.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Rear wheel steer, too.

Randall

1 - 9 of 9 Posts