Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one seen a ramcharger with a custom stretch job?
like a suburban?
i saw this show on the history channel about american trucks, they showed a shop doing custom truck stretches, and adding doors.
i thought it would be cool to se a ramcharger done up like that

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's been done, to the '73-80, 81-93 and the 94-03 models.
I'll look for what pix's I still have when I get home.

the 73-80 was done on a D200 4dr frame, and the rcharger was grafted on from the rear doors and was 4WD.
the '81-93 style is made out of a ramcharger and another '84 4dr. This one is still running around Fredericksburg VA occasionally. It's purple, but 2WD.
I saw the '93-03 version someone made in the back of car and driver around '94 some month. It was made by grafting a suburban body to a Laramie. It was kind of a disappointment.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
ive seen it done. 80s style 4door grafted to an rc ass. had the 80s style dually fenders on it. was like dark green with some graphics. was in a mopar mag a few yrs ago.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Yeah, the only ones I've heard of were a crew cab pickup, with the cab cut right behind the second set of doors, and the frame has to be shortened. Then they cut a ramcharger body right behind the doors, and then weld the two halves together. Its one of those things on my "Wow, someday I wanna do that" list. But mine would have to be a Cummins to make it worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts