Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, my exhaust manifolds are turning different colors. One is purple(normal) and one is staying the normal color(pewter). This mechanic told me that something on my heads or intake manifold is blocked on the left side because it reamins cold long after the right side is red hot. He said the previous owner might have done this on purpose. Why the hell would someone do this? He said I could take off the manifold and scrape it out. Am I fucked or should I just leave it in?--whatever it is...--thanks in advance--Tim

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
When you say "left" do you mean the driver side or passenger side manifold? If you mean the passenger side manifold on a 78, then your heat riser in the manifold might be stuck open or closed as I can't tell from your post.

Mac

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ITs the passenger right side. what can the thing being closed cause....oh btw, do u have to take off the distributor to remove the intake manifold?

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
No you don't remove the dist to toss the intake, are you saying the heat riser butterfly is stuck closed, if that is what you are saying do what ever you have to to keep it open

1 - 5 of 5 Posts