Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(sigh)..... Ok 74 RC 360 "HO" TF 727 blah blah, DAMN THIS THING!!! Besides the fact that My Tranny Vomits and I have replaced all but 1 seal, obviously the last one I change is the one thats is the "vomiteer",...... Lifter is ticking like a God damn Time bomb,
Other than that Why do I smell exhaust?.....Why cant I just leak red everywhere as I listen to my lifter.... and no my headers are not leaking, They are Doug Thorleys if that matters..... ??? I feel drunk after I get outa that thing when driving for more than 10 minutes. {smoke}

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do yourself and anyone you may live with a huge favor, and go sleep on it. There is no problem that will not look better after a good night's rest.

Next, lifter noise can easily just be broke down oil. Change your oil and see what happens.

Might be the O-ring where the header comes into the exhaust pipe, or a rusted through exhaust pipe.

As I say, sleep on it, and do this next time you work on the thing:

1) Change the oil

2) Carefully check all your exhaust system for leaks.

Dave

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plain Old Dave said:
Do yourself and anyone you may live with a huge favor, and go sleep on it. There is no problem that will not look better after a good night's rest.

Next, lifter noise can easily just be broke down oil. Change your oil and see what happens.

Might be the O-ring where the header comes into the exhaust pipe, or a rusted through exhaust pipe.

As I say, sleep on it, and do this next time you work on the thing:

1) Change the oil

2) Carefully check all your exhaust system for leaks.

Dave
drive this thing too hard, so I change the Oil every 500 miles...... That might sound ridiculous to some people.. But I drive it like a bracket racer :-\ ....Its all new exhaust system just over a year old.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Ok, like Plain Dave said, check out the donut (flange gasket) that joins your headers to the exhaust pipe. Could be leaking exhaust gases from there and getting pulled into the cab. That might also be the ticking you are hearing. Flange gasket is like 3 bucks.

Eyeball the headers and exhaust pipe for cracks or rusted out spots, it has been known to happen that the metal cracks or rusts out.

Lastly, make sure the gasket between your headers and the heads is not leaking. No good way to check this but if you have time pull the header off and verify visually. Replace with a new gasket.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
macario said:
Ok, like Plain Dave said, check out the donut (flange gasket) that joins your headers to the exhaust pipe. Could be leaking exhaust gases from there and getting pulled into the cab. That might also be the ticking you are hearing. Flange gasket is like 3 bucks.

Eyeball the headers and exhaust pipe for cracks or rusted out spots, it has been known to happen that the metal cracks or rusts out.

Lastly, make sure the gasket between your headers and the heads is not leaking. No good way to check this but if you have time pull the header off and verify visually. Replace with a new gasket.

Good luck.
Yea Im gonna check for me leaks, But I dont have time to take the header off, Im gonna Drive it untill it blows up or kills me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.