Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone run headers straight into cats? I'm gonna need to start my truck here pretty soon and this is all i have for an exhaust system so far. I just need the truck to be quiet enough that the neighbors dont call the police when i'm breaking it in. Does anyone know if a few catco 2.5" converters will affect the sound of a fresh 360 at 2,000rpms with open headers? Or do i need to sell another lung and invest in some mufflers to hold me over till i can get the full system bent?

any input would be great...thanks
-Nick

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Should be fine running with just the cats for now. I ran a furd like that for a while until I could afford to take the convertors off and put on real mufflers.

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
Ummm....got fetch some straight pipe like 2.5 and just clamp some mufflers on htere . open cats will be loud but probably not too loud to piss of the neighbors and BTW be sure to fire that baby up @ 2am for the bastards trying ot have your rig removed cuz it was being fixed

G

·
Those cats are going to get real hot. Make damn sure you're not running real rich and that the motor fires without a lot of cranking. You don't want raw fuel running into those cats.

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
yeah PG is right. friend just fired up his 318 that was a little rich. had the cats on after the headers an said they glowing red. hes modifying his exhaust to ad about 6-10 inches between the header an the cat. dont run the headers open on a break in either

1 - 5 of 5 Posts