·
Registered
28,349 Posts
3/8,s -16 / l think

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
440 are 3/8 - 16
360 are smaller in diameter, but don't recall the size now therefore it is not likely the 318 is same as 440.

i1lusion said:
Does anyone know the size of the bolts and studs going into the head?

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are 3/8ths as well. The main bolts on the headers are 5/16ths and I know the ones on the ends are a size bigger.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I think they are 5/16-18 on the head side, and 5/16-24 on the manifold side. The ones on the ends are not bigger, just corroded from all the water that has been sloshing around in them over the years.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
5/16 for A and 3/8's for b and rb

·
Registered
1 Posts
How long is the actual shoulder and how long is the thread on the 3 long bolts on the exhaust manifold on the passenger side?

·
Registered
13,252 Posts
all the threads IN the heads are 5/16ths coarse , while the "end" studs have 5/16ths fine where the "nuts" go . the important thing on these is that they do go into the water "jacket" and will dump water when/IF removed . use of the convex thick washers as factory did allows the bolts/nuts to stay tight even when they heat/cool . I re- tighten them while hot/warm . careful not to snap one .... the lenght , you want about 3/4 ths inch protrusion . you can use a bottoming tap to clean/ check thread depth , or a notch filed bolt .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts