Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to search for this, but didn't have any luck so here goes.
I have an exhaust leak on my '77 where the manifold bolts to the exhaust pipe. I cannot find a new donut, the parts stores say they are built into the manifold. Has anyone ever replaced these, or am I going to have to change the manifold?

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
WTF you have a gm or a dodge, if you have a dodge tighten the bolts, but 1st go get new stainless bolts then tighten them

·
7,995 Posts
Need to tell us the engine size,but...if it's a factory 400-440 the gasket is flat and available at any parts store. If it's a 318-360 than the joint at the manifold is a ball type joint kinda like the donut but it is not replaceable. Try ED3's suggestion about the bolts, if that doesnt work then you may need a new y-pipe or manifold. Sometimes stress from the rest of the exhaust system will mis-align the joint at the manifold...make sure all the hangers are in good shape. Motor/tranny mounts good?
I'm not really sure but the insert that goes into the manifold may be replaceable...contact a GOOD local exhaust shop for more info on that.:):)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry forgot, it's a 360. It is a Dodge, why would I ask a gm question on a dodge site???? And I did replace & tighten the bolts, no luck. I thought someone here might have had this problem & would know how to fix it, hopefully without having to spend a lot of money!! But I did not double check & it might not be lined up correctly. Never thought of that - DUH!!
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.