Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my 89 Ramcharger running again only to have it come up with another issue for me to fix.

Yesterday, the engine (360 with factory TBI) started idling very high after coming to a stop. I noticed that the idle speed control does not lower the idle speed after start up. What are the chances of the plunger being stuck?

I recently replaced the computer, coolant temp sensor, and made significant repairs to the engine wiring harness. From what I can find, there are no vacuum leaks but the pcv valve is "dancing" constantly and it is very hard to start the truck.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
more like the gears inside are stripped [ common problem] l dont have the part #,s or a link to them handy , but someone should shortly

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that you mention it, I do recall the motor skipping very time I went to start it until now. Explains alot. Do you know where I can source new gears for it if indeed they are bad? I'm going to pull it apart tomorrow and have a look.

·
Super Moderator
14,330 Posts
There's a specific sequence to set when you're done - see attached

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.