Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im goin to try to get my 76 pw smogged soon. I keep hearing horror stories about what they check on older vehicles, and have now become paranoid. I checked the site vin decoder to see what the truck had. A 318 1bbl. It still has the 318, but its got a edelbrock intake and a holley 4bbl. Did CC ever offer a 318 with a 4 bbl in 76? If not, Im pooched, because I refuse to change it back to a 1 bbl and then go back to the 4bbl. I guess I will have to run it around un-registered like the rest of the yahoos in Ward. 8)

G

·
ramdodger said:
Im goin to try to get my 76 pw smogged soon. I keep hearing horror stories about what they check on older vehicles, and have now become paranoid. I checked the site vin decoder to see what the truck had. A 318 1bbl. It still has the 318, but its got a edelbrock intake and a holley 4bbl. Did CC ever offer a 318 with a 4 bbl in 76? If not, Im pooched, because I refuse to change it back to a 1 bbl and then go back to the 4bbl. I guess I will have to run it around un-registered like the rest of the yahoos in Ward. 8)
Hey Tony
register that thing as a farm truck no inspection. Or register it as a classic truck and only 1 inspection to register and none after that. If you need a 318 1 bbl carb I'll let you use the one of the parts truck. I highly doubt that they will even look at what carb is on there. All they are going to do is stick a probe in your trucks arse and rev your motor. as long as your HC and nox are not to high you will pass

·
Registered
341 Posts
Tony you shouldnt have a problem with it. My RC was a 2brl and it passed with a crappy Edelbrock 4brl. I gave the guy at the emissions station a extra twenty and he made it pass. If your interested let me know, I'll let him know your coming. Oh its here in Aurora.

·
3,753 Posts
Hey Tony I think Travis and Greg are probably right, when I got the `76 RC(original 400 2bbl had 4bbl) checked the guy didn't say anything about the carb. Good luck, Dave.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My 76 pw came with a 2bbl and it passed, all they want to see is tail pipe emissions under the max. If you have any doubts about it go to the shoe box on west Colfax, he will help you pass. I have a 360 with 375 hp and a truck avenger. Go for the collecter plates then you never have to get it inspected again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.