Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed an aluminum Edelbrock intake install. When removing the old one, I noticed the emissions plumbing that connected the air pump, and two exhaust manifolds was completely disconnected from the exhaust manifolds. Short of pulling them completely off, and plugging the holes, what has anyone else done to block off these two exhaust leaks. The holes are at the rear of the exhaust manifolds facing the fire wall so there is little to no room to work back there. I don't really care to remove the ex. manifolds just to fix the leak. It hurts nothing but a bit annoying.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I used some scrap pieces of metal and some hi-temp rtv, that is IF you can get those bolts out (that was the hardest part).

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I don't know how but one of the bolts was already removed, the other had been twisted off long before I bought the truck. But your idea, Chris, sounds so simple it might just work beautifully. Wire brush what I can reach, and fill the holes with goo and a bolt. I think I will try the JB Weld and see what happens. GrassyAss!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts