Dodge RamCharger Central banner

Electrical ? tail lights.

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Toyradio 
#1 ·
No tail lights or lisence plate light. Brake lights are good as is tuen signals. Fuses all seem good and don't see a broken wire. The key word is "see". Any suggestions.

#3 ·
Also check all the connecters, ya might have 1 coroded out (up behind the rear bumper)

#5 ·
I had thought of that. may just see tomorrow after the wife gets home from work. Yep, she likes it and is driving it to work. Next she'll want me to tag the TD so she can drive it. It could be in the headlight switch. I had noticed the headlights coming on when you turn on just the driving lights. Now it doesn't do that.

#6 ·
You probably have a broken wire. I had many. I just got done rewiring 85% of the rear wiring for my taillights and such, They just fell apart when you would even touch them.

#7 ·
Dodge 85 RC said:
You probably have a broken wire. I had many. I just got done rewiring 85% of the rear wiring for my taillights and such, They just fell apart when you would even touch them.
Yeah - kept having trouble with mine until I replaced the sockets, and the all the wiring in the rear - mine was mostly from bad sockets, bad plug in connectors, and the fact that a couple different people (?) had tried to wire up trailer lights and had made such a mess of the wiring that I just had to start over and redo all the wiring.... rotting wiring is common for many reasons....
my 02

#9 ·
Didn't take time to notice. The head lights work as do turn signals and brake lights. I'll check tonight after the wife gets home. She's driving it to work for some reason. Don't tell me I've lost another truck..

#11 ·
My guess is the sockets as well. I had to replaces mine and they worked fine.

#13 ·
No front or rear running lights...Bad switch. Should be an easy fix. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.