Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cigarette lighter fuse is 5 amps. I’m getting a splitter for the socket (so i can have 2 sockets) that has it’s own 7.5 amp fuse. I want to get full efficiency out of the splitter. What do I need to do? Replace the 5 amp fuse with a 7.5? I’m kinda lost here as I’m not too sure how fuses work.

EDIT: Sorry guys, it IS 15 amps. I just read it wrong when i saw it, thinking it was a number below 10 because next to it was a 3 amp fuse.

·
Administrator
62,277 Posts
You will need to upgrade the wire to take the higher amps. I would suggest getting a new lighter assembly, that has the little mounting bracket, and mount it where you need it, and wire it into the accessory position on the fuse block.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
5 amps ? so it was never an actual lighter ?  always a "power outlet " ? dodge factory p/u lighter circuts would be more than 5 amps ...... if your spotting deer 7.5 is too low , if your charging a phone or other "device"  7.5 or even the 5 would work for 2 of em  I suspect ....

·
Administrator
62,277 Posts
This is where it helps to give all the info. If this is the 90  RC you show in other posts, it should be a 15 amp fuse. So all you need to do is replace the fuse, the wires are already there to take at least 15 amps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SuperBurban said:
This is where it helps to give all the info. If this is the 90 RC you show in other posts, it should be a 15 amp fuse. So all you need to do is replace the fuse, the wires are already there to take at least 15 amps.
It is 15 amps sorry, i just checked again and i guess i read it wrong. But thanks for the help!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dodge82273 said:
5 amps ? so it was never an actual lighter ? always a "power outlet " ? dodge factory p/u lighter circuts would be more than 5 amps ...... if your spotting deer 7.5 is too low , if your charging a phone or other "device" 7.5 or even the 5 would work for 2 of em I suspect ....
It was 15 amps i just read it wrong i guess when i saw it. I checked again and it was 15

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.