Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1989 Ramcharger seems to have some electrical problems in the dash. I will be diving into them as soon as time allows, but I thought I might ask here to see if anyone could help cut my dive into a small splash.

When I turn one turn signal on, both turn signal indicators blink, not just the one indicating the direction of the turn. When I turn on the headlights, both of the TS indicators light up, as well as the high beam indicator (even when the lights are on low beam).

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
829 Posts
You're missing a ground connection, at the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
29,389 Posts
email me for the wiring diagram

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. i think it is a ground. I was just wondering if anyone knew exactly which one.
I have a chrystler factory service manual for my '89, but thanks for the offer on the wiring diagram! If I can forward any info out of it to anyone else let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found it. Was actually a ground under the hood between the radiator and battery. Found out that my headlights were only working intermittantly as well as the front turn signals. Searched thru this site with that info and found pretty quick alot of other people had the same prob. Thanks for your time, guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.