Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey RCC!

Just wondering if anyone is running an in-line electric fuel pump. I'll be running a Holley Sniper on my 75 TD.

I'm looking for suggestions on where to mount the pump. I've been looking for a good spot along the frame rail, somewhere close to the tank, but still not sure.

So, if anyone has any pics or details on where you've mounted yours please let me know.

Thanks for any replies.

·
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
6,698 Posts
I have my electric pump mounted on the right side framerail just behind the differential. Externally mounted electric fuel pumps like to sit below the tank but as close to the tank as you can get. In tank pumps are the best but can be a pain converting over and of course in-tank pumps are more expensive to purchase. If you are running an electric fuel pump i would suggest running a return line back to the tank.

Reactions: jonn6464

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
l,d mount yours IN the tank [ unless it's a frame mount pump then as close to the tank as you can get ]
It is a frame mount unit. Yes, I will get it as Colose to the tank as possible, I'm just wondering where some others have mounted theirs. There are definitely a couple of good spots under there.

·
Administrator
62,044 Posts
Mine are all mounted on the outside of the passenger side frame rail, where the fuel line goes through, and back inside.

Or one of my trucks came with a great setup right next to the tank. I am transfering that setup to my clubcab, and will have a pump next to each tank, that will be turned on by the tank transfer switch.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Bumper

Reactions: jonn6464
1 - 6 of 6 Posts