Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Holley(dont know the size) on 360, in 78 RC. How do I connect the electrical choke? it only needs one wire, but where does it go??? ???

thanx

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Yeah, I have to agree with the fuse part...I don't have a fuse on mine, and one time it came off and touched the intake...man, smoke was everywhere cuz of the melting wiring.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Find the key on 12 volt connector on your windshield wiper motor. Then when you get a wire cut to the right length, crimp a male blade connector on and shove it in the hole you found that has the 12 volts - key on. This is the first time I've heard of fusing that connection, never had a problem with my set up on two trucks.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
The problem comes when the coil element goes out. You have been fortunate if you have not burned out an electric choke yet.

Definitely fuse the connection.

Trace the wires from your voltage regulator to your alternator. One wire will run exclusively between the VR and the alt. The other runs between the VR, alt, ignition switch, and ecu. This is the wire you want to hook you electric choke up to (ignition switched 12 volts). Not sure on a '78, but IIRC the wire you want will be either red or blue.

-SM

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
If it is hooked up to the windshield wiper motor ign switched 12V, you have them fused thru the wiper circuit. ;)

-SM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.