Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo
My name is Stanko, I'm from Slovenia - Europe.
I have 1975 dodge w200 with 318 engine. I don't have EGR valve on my engine, I think that maybe the last owner forget to give me. What happens if I just close this hole where the EGR valve is mounted, will this effect on engine performance or just on emissions ???

Thank you

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
you can make a block off plate and it won't effect your engine performance. It will effect your emissions some.

G

·
It will affect both emissions and performance. You can block off the hole in the manifold, but understand you will still have exhaust gases flowing to the bottom of the intake manifold. In this case, all the time. If you just unplug the vacuum line, you have closed that port at the intake manifold, which means the exhaust gases are now being held up at the junction of the manifold and head. Which will eventually burn out the intake gaskets.

If it were me, I'd replace the EGR valve, if you can, and let it work like it's suppose to.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Trailduster79 said:
I unhooked mine a long time ago. No problems at all.

Emissions crap is so overrated
Yes it is lol, all mines coming off too

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
i asked a question about this on the tech board,there's two plugs in the bottom of the intake manifold that block the egr passages,and the block-off plate seals the exhaust out of the manifold to keep temps down

1 - 9 of 9 Posts