Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
On my 76 RC 440 with stock distributor, I have a two wire pigtail that comes off the distributor and goes into a two way bullet connector that looks stock. The bullet connector is connected to two wires that go into a wrapped bundle of cables including the alternator output among others. The insulation on the two wires has cracked from heat stress so I need to replace them, and it may have cracked right at the base of one of the two way bullet connectors.

I want to know the following:

1. Can I get a new two way bullet connector anywhere that you know of, and if so, where? Part numbers?

Seems like I could replace the two way bullet with well installed insulated spade connectors if I can't get the two way bullet connector? I'd really rather have the stock connector if at all possible.

Thanks for advice.

Mac

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent! Thanks for the info. I looked at Checker Auto but they did not have them. I will take a trip to NAPA then.

Mac

Chump said:
It's a 2-pole flat connector and any auto parts store should have them...also many hardware stores carry them. wire colors may not match the harness colors.
NAPA # 755-1598

·
29,380 Posts
Just an FYI, I bought some connectors from a parts store that looked the same as the stock ones, but the new one, did not connect to the stock one . So, plan on changing both connectors.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know, thanks. Will save me a trip.

KThaxton said:
Just an FYI, I bought some connectors from a parts store that looked the same as the stock ones, but the new one, did not connect to the stock one . So, plan on changing both connectors.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The one I got from NAPA (per above part number) does not mate well with the stock one, so I will have to replace both. It will give me a chance to perfect my crimp and solder technique. :)

Mac

Chump said:
Good point, the one I got from CarQuest plugged right in perfectly.:):)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts