Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the open air filter with the paper element and am very pleased.... the cost was 29.99 and It was worth every penny.... I didnt figure it would do all that much.. But the first time I drove my 88 TBI 318 with it on I could definately tell a big difference.... It has better throttle response the exhaust at 2 thousand rpm's went from nice to annoyingly loud and over 2500 rpm will run you outta the cab..... It has that nice whistleing sound also that i like... Also you will need a one inch tbi spacer so it will set high enough to clear the IAC motor.... I will get aK&n filter and put in as soon as i get the extra cash and see if that makes an even better difference....

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
Can you post the part number, and where you got it. I have looked (not very hard lately) and did not find much for the TBI. Can you also post the part number and where you got the spacer?

Thanks

Pat

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok man ...... I got the both the spacer and the cleaner at autozone...... I will post the part numbers tom,morow becuase i dont have them right now......... I will tell you this.......... I got just a regular i guess universal chrome air cleaner kind of thing........and I also got a spacer kkit that just comes with a couple of different size spacers....... I will definatelyget on tommorow and put on the part numbers for them.......By part numbers you mena the uhh kind like barcode number becuase thats all i have........ I still got the box to the air cleaner and the spacers.... so let me know what you need.....

·
5,143 Posts
I also have the open air cleaner. The only downside to it is that the first time you hit a mud hole, the filter will become caked with mud. I am running a K&N filter in mine, and after a day of wheeling in the mud, it is time to take the filter out and clean it again. I never can get all the mud out of it either. I may be switching back to a closed air cleaner. Alteast for when I am going to be in the mud.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Are your inner fenders complete, with all of the rubber splash shields installed under the hood? I've hit quite a few puddles (contrary to what people may think) and I haven't had that problem.

Randall

·
Registered
960 Posts
You don't need to completely clean a K&N filter. A little dirt actually helps the filter perform more efficiently. People who obsessively clean K&N's are actually doing more harm than good to them.
By the way.....they are in my opinion the ONLY filter that should be in anybody's truck, period.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.